Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethbyIT

Kithros - outstanding!
Great help on the Repulsor/Launcher concept - as well as how to attack that far left Emitter and Gateway.
Will give it another try.
dbit

Loren Pechtel

lich98

Malagasy Republic the Democratic Republic of Madagascar try it, I didn"t get a chance to, but for homework I was resurching Madagascar and though you might like another name, looked interesting in the code map preview.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Cavemaniac

Quote from: lich98 on January 06, 2012, 07:58:04 PM
Malagasy Republic the Democratic Republic of Madagascar try it, I didn"t get a chance to, but for homework I was resurching Madagascar and though you might like another name, looked interesting in the code map preview.

The very first thing I ever did in the Tropical Travel Industry was assist in dispatching an expedition to trek the Madagascan highlands. After that I was hooked!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Loren Pechtel

Norway.  Sideways and limited space but nothing else interesting.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 06, 2012, 02:00:37 PM
Kithros - outstanding!
Great help on the Repulsor/Launcher concept - as well as how to attack that far left Emitter and Gateway.
Will give it another try.

What DBIT said!

Got it - man what a struggle!

The key was the combination of repulsors and launchers aimed at the breakthrough spot.

That and walling off the side of the fielded area to stop the erosion.

Anyway, countries all updated and English names added to the list in [brackets].

Loren Pechtel

The scammer country fell.  It took a while but nothing notable.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 06, 2012, 10:30:15 PM
The scammer country fell.  It took a while but nothing notable.

Umm...

Which country have you invaded?!

xoft

Nepal conquered. Surface emitter and gateway, but combined with all build directions and abundant gems, this was pretty straightforward.

lich98

Germany completed sort of a slog fest plenty of room to build ans expand with no real threat.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

xoft

xoft

Republic of korea seems impossible. There are two surface emitters, one surface gateway, 6 phantoms, no accessible gems and almost no buildspace.

Cavemaniac

Updated.

There's two 'impossible' maps in the queue now - feel free to have a crack at them!

Also, feel free to submit alternate codes - i.e. Korea vs. Republic of Korea.

Kithros

Kuwait was already done by somebody I believe - and to be honest, it isn't really even close to impossible, you just need to know how to use shields against drones (or if you wanted to do it the tedious way how to use LS drone evasion indefinitely).

EDIT: Republic of Korea should be possible too, I'll get around to it sometime - LS drone evasion on all the drones, then use a repulsor to nullify the left emitter. Hide on the left side of the map and it's all easy from there.

EDIT AGAIN: Put a score up for Republic of Korea.

I flew over to the left, used LS drone evasion (I think it would probably be possible to mass a ton of weapons at the top of the map without using drone evasion too, and then move in and overpower the emitters since they're fairly weak emitters, but that would be much slower), and built some reactors + a repulsor once the gateway stopped sending drones (note that I kept spending energy building them, but deactivated them before finishing while the drones were still being sent out). I built a shield to hold off the right emitter, and nullified the left emitter.

Spoiler
[close]

From there I built a launcher to hit the right emitter from above, picked up the remnants and got a creeper maker + 2 blasters, repositioned the repulsor as necessary and killed off the emitter. Nothing to the map after the surface emitters are gone.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 06, 2012, 10:59:02 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on January 06, 2012, 10:30:15 PM
The scammer country fell.  It took a while but nothing notable.

Umm...

Which country have you invaded?!

Nigeria!

Niger, though, has me.  There's an early breakthrough of a zero-g emitter & tough drones from two gateways.  It's impossible to dig in.