Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xoft

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 28, 2011, 08:53:11 PM
Senegal--I'm being killed by a surface emitter + drones.
You can actually safely nullify the emitter in the beginning of the game, since there's a field around it just slow enough to build and execute the nullifier

EDIT: Senegal done, not much of a challenge, actually.

DethbyIT

CM -
These all now have scores (some duplicates from prior post):
Bahrain
Benin
Brazil
Congo (Republic of the)
Costa Rica
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Denmark
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador - fun start, but routine after about 2-3 minutes
Ecuador
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Slovenia

Cavemaniac

Who left a muppet at the controls?!

I open two forum tabs - one with the first post open in modify mode so I can wade through responses and update the completed list. But I forgot to hit 'save'.

So, though I had updated everything in the list. you guys couldn't see it yet!

I got home 15 hours later and found it still sitting there patiently, waiting for me to just click the save button...

::)

Anyway, many thanks to all for spotting my omissions, and special thanks to DBIT for the easy-to-check-off list (TM).

All updated.

Damn it! I did it again - I nearly forgot to 'save' on the other tab!

Definitely updated this time!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

DethbyIT

Cavemaniac

Quote from: DethbyIT on December 29, 2011, 02:01:33 PM
Thanks Elmo!
ROTFL

My wife has a T-Shirt which, at first glance looks like an AC/DC T-Shirt (heavy metal band) - but if you look closely, you can see it's Elmo with an electric guitar, and the legend says 'AB/CD'!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

DethbyIT

Elmo is cool and he can really get down with his posse.

"Finland" - Done and an OK game. Nothing great, but worth playing after you get through the fun list.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: xoft on December 29, 2011, 03:32:48 AM
You can actually safely nullify the emitter in the beginning of the game, since there's a field around it just slow enough to build and execute the nullifier

EDIT: Senegal done, not much of a challenge, actually.

How do you nullify it?  I've tried all the positions I can put the nullifier, it's always destroyed.  You're on large/high, aren't you?

San Marino--50M zero-g surface emitter.  Experimentals, no good digging.  I'm being overwhelmed.

Samoa.  Defeated.  Zzzzzz.

DethbyIT

I was able to get it by using Shields - and will now try to finish the game.

xoft

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 29, 2011, 09:34:40 PM
How do you nullify it?  I've tried all the positions I can put the nullifier, it's always destroyed.  You're on large/high, aren't you?
Yes, I'm playing on Large / High, since that's what the very first post in this thread says.

At first I used shilds to block the creeper from flowing to the surface, then I grabbed the white gem and immediately nullified the emitter. My score is posted, got no screenshots, though.

DethbyIT

I think you will find it a little more efficient to build your shields (top 2 first, then side 3) and immediately build your Nullifier. Move the LS down as closely as you can to shorten the packet travel distance.

As soon as the the Nullifier goes off, move to your left enough to dig to the white gem. Build a couple of Blasters and a Launcher to handle the left over Creeper and start building your energy & Techs.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: xoft on December 30, 2011, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 29, 2011, 09:34:40 PM
Yes, I'm playing on Large / High, since that's what the very first post in this thread says.

At first I used shilds to block the creeper from flowing to the surface, then I grabbed the white gem and immediately nullified the emitter. My score is posted, got no screenshots, though.

No success, I'm a couple of seconds short on being able to contain the creeper.

DethbyIT

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 30, 2011, 05:32:04 PM
No success, I'm a couple of seconds short on being able to contain the creeper.

Please read my post again - and look at the screen capture I posted for you.
Pause (P key) the game before you start.
Put the top two Shields in place as soon as the screen evolves and hit the P key again.
As soon as the last packet leaves the LS to finish the top two Shields, pause and place the 3 vertical Shields.
P key again to let them build.
Again pause as soon as the last packet leaves the LS to finish the 3 vertical Shields.
There is plenty of time for all 5 Shields to be built before starting to build the Nullifier.
Learning proper use of the pause key is really the key to finishing many of the games in CW - especially the tough ones.

DethbyIT

BTW - if any of you are interested, there is an on-going weekly series that I just found.
Details on the current one here:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=9171.0

Loren Pechtel

Argh!!

I fairly easily beat

Sant Vincent and the Grenadines

and then noticed the typo.

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

on the other hand...

Loren Pechtel

Somehow I missed listing Samoa as completed.

Saint Lucia is done.  You have to fight a supersized chamber with 16 energy to start.  As it contains 3 drone gateways this is a bit of a pain but that's all.