Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Ukraine is tough--supertitan and a surface emitter.  It's also got three crystals near the start that really taunted me, I can see no way to safely collect them.  (They're all next to terrain that's going to collapse and let in tough drones.)

Loren Pechtel

Uganda is too much for me--surface emitter & drones.

The only thing remotely interesting about Tuvalu is the creeper will break through a fair distance near the start point, you can easily leave yourself open.

DethbyIT

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 17, 2011, 11:38:39 PM
Uganda is too much for me--surface emitter & drones.

Use the patented Kithros method of "Grab the jewels and run". Then build a couple of Shields & Blasters and life is good.

Loren Pechtel

Turkmenistan -- too much for me.  One surface emitter that's not too much of a threat due to the high gravity, but there are two more & drones that will soon break through, not to mention 12 phantoms to drain your power.  The first breakthrough wiped my base, I don't see how to cope with it.

There's also the problem that there's almost no build room.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Katra on December 17, 2011, 06:41:42 PM

United States liberated. And nominated for the fun list.  ;D

Tuvalu, Grenada and United States updated.

I didn't miss any did I? Sometimes posts don't make it clear if a map is completed or not!

I'm glad we found a fun version of United states - USA and U.S.A. were a wash-out.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Kithros

I finished Georgia a little while ago, and just beat Turkmenistan - on  that one, I recommend picking up the white gem and taking out the left emitter early on - the right emitter won't break free till about 3 minutes, which is enough time to prepare after taking out the left emitter (plenty of build space below there). As far as killing the left emitter goes, be sure to take advantage of the fields.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Kithros on December 18, 2011, 03:35:21 PM
I finished Georgia a little while ago, and just beat Turkmenistan - on  that one, I recommend picking up the white gem and taking out the left emitter early on - the right emitter won't break free till about 3 minutes, which is enough time to prepare after taking out the left emitter (plenty of build space below there). As far as killing the left emitter goes, be sure to take advantage of the fields.

Updated - would you recommend either for the fun (or perhaps 'challenging') list?

Kithros

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 18, 2011, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: Kithros on December 18, 2011, 03:35:21 PM

Updated - would you recommend either for the fun (or perhaps 'challenging') list?

Georgia ould be quite challenging for most people for sure, Turkmenistan probably would be but I'm bad at judging difficulties of maps - Turkmenistan can be annoying with phantoms, but I didn't find it particularly hard (but admittedly, any map I find hard is extremely difficult for a casual player).

Loren Pechtel

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Kithros on December 18, 2011, 04:04:06 PM
I finished Georgia a little while ago, and just beat Turkmenistan - on  that one, I recommend picking up the white gem and taking out the left emitter early on - the right emitter won't break free till about 3 minutes, which is enough time to prepare after taking out the left emitter (plenty of build space below there). As far as killing the left emitter goes, be sure to take advantage of the fields.

I'll put Georgia on the fun list - but skip the other if it's annoying!!

Funny how nobody has done Australia yet.

Kithros

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 18, 2011, 06:19:06 PM

I'll put Georgia on the fun list - but skip the other if it's annoying!!

Funny how nobody has done Australia yet.

Well, the map isn't that annoying - I pretty much just always hate phantoms.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 18, 2011, 05:17:52 PM
Dinner's done.  Boring.

You didn't mark off Turkey.

Meanwhile, Tunisia has a surface emitter, drones and phantoms.  I can't handle all three.

Katra

Cape Verde completed. upside down build, and 2G up left. OK map but not particularly hard. (I was attacking 2 and 3 chambers at once.)

Edit: Tunisia completed and nominated for the fun list.

Just move LS as far down and right as you can while building three reactors and 1 blaster (placed to cover the LS and reactors.) Once the blaster is loaded and killing drones dig after the three red crystals and don't forget to spend some of that crystal energy on phantom coils. Also be aware that a bunch of fast 8 HP drones will break out to emerge from the same hole as the surface emitter after several minutes.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

DethbyIT

"Uganda" is done.
I mentioned it up above, but wasn't very clear about it.

I got bogged down on Turkmenistan (flipping fantoms!), and will come back with Kithros' method at some future point.

Giving "Australia" a go right now.

DethbyIT

"Australia" - done, no fun. Just big and easy.