Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

Malta

Pretty average map.

edit. Mali

3G down right, 8 phantoms every 30 seconds from close range, and strong drones that will escape via decaying terrain if you're too slow on the start. Nothing special after taking that first chamber (but small has a much different gateway position.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Loren Pechtel

Loren Pechtel

United Arab Emirates defeated.

A real pain--you have to assault a huge main chamber with fields with 22 energy.

fitz

This is a great concept. I have been running through some of the countries.

Some maps are relatively straightforward so I play them in turbo mode and do not allow the use of 'save' or 'pause'. It's not good for the blood pressure but can liven them up.

DethbyIT

"Lao People's Democratic Republic"

Fun start, but then pretty routine.

xoft

xoft

Georgia looks tough, maybe even impossible - exp, 12M surface emitter, not much terrain to build anything though, and phantoms every 30 seconds.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: xoft on December 17, 2011, 01:36:42 PM
Georgia looks tough, maybe even impossible - exp, 12M surface emitter, not much terrain to build anything though, and phantoms every 30 seconds.

All updated.

Any takers for Georgia?

Looks like a nightmare start...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Kithros

Not impossible, I of course started by building a few reactors and taking the white gem:

Spoiler
[close]

After that I build 2 conversion bombs and more shields as necessary along with a few more reactors:
Spoiler
[close]

When the 2 conversion bombs finish, I send them into the chamber just below me and then grab the red and green gems in that chamber. I surround the emitter with shields, and start building another conversion bomb and a nullifier for the emitter.

Spoiler
[close]

From here it's pretty much just a race to build up enough energy to support a dark beam before the anti-creeper bubble fails (well, truthfully there are many things you could do to buy time if you needed to, but I didn't need to so I just built up the dark beam)
Spoiler
[close]

I'll probably finish this map sometime - I don't have the time right now to finish it, but it's definitely possible.

xoft

Maybe we should start another category - countries that only Kithros can beat ;)

mthw2vc

If such a category were made, I would feel obligated to demonstrate that someone else is fully capable of beating every map in said category.

xoft

Well, sir, then You can start with Saudi Arabia and Georgia :)

xoft

Grenada finished. Something in reverse-gravity-reverse-builddirection levels makes them appealing to me, I quite enjoyed this one, even though I knew from the start that it's gonna be rather easy

DethbyIT

Quote from: xoft on December 17, 2011, 06:14:43 PM
Well, sir, then You can start with Saudi Arabia and Georgia :)

@xoft - there is a famous quote from Sun Tzu that is applicable here.
There are a (small) handful of uber-players hanging around this place and all we normal people can do is watch in wonder as they work their magic.

:)

Katra

United States liberated. And nominated for the fun list.  ;D

Once I decided to retreat to the right side it wasn't even all that tough. Screenshot is at the point where victory was assured. The shields and repulsors weren't necessary; the maker was part of my offense. (For cleaning up the sky.) Probably wasn't actually necessary to dig in either; just move to get fighting room. Fighting heavy creeper plus many strong drones in one very small space is a recipe for fail.  ;)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!