Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavemaniac

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

xoft

Just finished Bosnia and Herzegovina, the two titans took really long to vanish. And just as the final LS disappearing animation played, I noticed, "Hey, I had four fully charged AC makers hidden here. I forgot about them, didn't use any AC in the game ;)"

xoft

I'd *love* to see Kithros beat Bhutan. It seems similar to Boo - a titan emitter and a drone gateway on the surface, zero gravity. But gems are rather close to the surface, it just might be doable. I'm not trying though :)
Spoiler
[close]

Colin

I'll have a crack at it xoft, I'll edit when I
finish.  ;)

Lol, never mind I'll let Kithros handle it.  :-X

I tried a number of combinations of getting
the red gems/digging in shielding repulsars
ect, couldn't ever get a foot hold.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Kithros

Bhutan is waaaay easier than Boo - i'll play through it sometime tomorrow probably, but the emitter is further from the surface (the one on Boo you don't even have enough time to pick up the one single red gem without building shields), there are vastly more gems (one red gem vs. 2 red gems, a green gem, a blue gem and a white gem?), and way more building space (Boo actually is possible to survive the very beginning on incidentally - I did that once but I didn't have any build space to get enough energy production to keep building conversion bombs and died about 5 minutes in). Bhutan should definitely be possible to beat.

Cavemaniac

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Updated.

Egypt - pretty dull.

Katra

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Katra on December 12, 2011, 10:11:46 PM
Bangladesh

OK map but nothing special.

Updated

Jordan - bit naff...

Cavemaniac

Quote from: lich98 on December 11, 2011, 03:09:47 PM
United Kingdom under large, high looks moderatly interesting, didn't beat it on that I beat it on small, low that was a true walk in the park.

Yep - that was interesting!

Though I was on auto pilot and actually typed in Great Britain instead of United Kingdom.

Muppet!

In case you're interested, as far as I know, the full name is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Have to try that one some time!

Good map though.

A rare code map that allows for effective use of C-Bombs.

Nice for a time trial, though I didn't do well - the Mrs kept pestering me.

'Go take a shower', 'come help me make dinner', we're going shopping - NOW!'

Women just don't understand how IMPORTANT computer games are to guys!

:D

DethbyIT

Dad-gummed wimmens!
Can't live with 'em and you sure can't live without 'em.

"Brunei Darussalam" - complete.

fitz

Kithros

As far as Bhutan goes, I pretty much grabbed the gems, built up shields and a single blaster to deal with the drones at the beginning:

Spoiler
[close]

After that I just rebuilt shields as necessary, and massed reactors + built a dark beam. If one were really desperate for time I think grabbing the technytes + red gem under the surface would be worth it, but I didn't feel like bothering with that since it will make it a lot more tedious and it wasn't necessary.

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't finish the map, it's a simple experimental map slog from here and I don't really feel like doing that right now.

xoft

Well, no Kudos until Your name is in the score-list ;)

I'm finding "Brunei" rather interesting. It took me a handful of restarts before I finally grabbed a foothold. This is the kind of map I like playing - not too easy, not too Kithros-paced, just difficult enough :)

Edit: On top of that, Brunei has a semi-titan emitter (58M) with no experimentals. All the fun elements in one level.

Edit 2: Brunei done. Definitely my favorite country so far.

CobraKill

East Timor -  Surface emittor (sorta) but strong downwards gravity. Drones come quickly though. I nominate for the fun list. Feel free to boject though

Kosovo - Boring, all emmitors are underground.

EDIT: I nominate Marshall Islands for the fun list? I don't think I was very clear when I first said that.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Cavemaniac

Syria.

Thoroughly average map.

Amazing country to visit though. Shame about the current troubles...

I think I've updated everything - let me know if I missed anything.

Still waiting for someone to post a score on Bhutan - any takers?