Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavemaniac

Tanzania is fun.

Uber emitters, zero gravity and experimentals to play with.

What is it with countries with a 'Z' in them? Does the code generate maps with experimentals?

A little slow to gain a toe hold on - good time challenge.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

You wrote USA, but by all accounts (your and mine) we also played "United States of America" and "The United States of America."

But we haven't yet played "That country where men are men and sheep are very afraid." :P
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Katra on December 03, 2011, 12:51:12 AM
Canada is also quite unremarkable.
I've been to Canada, I can vouch for this.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Katra

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 03, 2011, 04:49:23 AM

Tanzania is fun.

Uber emitters, zero gravity and experimentals to play with.

What is it with countries with a 'Z' in them? Does the code generate maps with experimentals?

A little slow to gain a toe hold on - good time challenge.

I second your opinion of Tanzania. Fun map.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with z, I didn't get an experimental map on several other countries with z in...

I think I found an impossible country. Saudi Arabia has zero G, experimentals, a surface emitter in the center and nowhere to dig in. (Rocks on the left, another pool of creeper on the right.) I Never lasted long enough for the phantoms to launch.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

DethbyIT

@Katra - sounds more like the Hindu Kush than Saudi - rocks, no place to hide, creeps all over the place.

Can't wait to try it!

Katra

;D  Actually Saudi Arabia is mostly desert. Sand, rock, and no place to hide. With vast pools of liquid (oil) just beneath the surface.

Holland makes a real fun map. You'll want to stick a finger in the dike real quick.  ;)

TonyP2000

I just played Japan.

The start is cool with a kinda strong surface emitter. Other than that it was ok.
Vote Tony!

Cavemaniac

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Katra on December 03, 2011, 04:22:34 PM

I think I found an impossible country. Saudi Arabia has zero G, experimentals, a surface emitter in the center and nowhere to dig in. (Rocks on the left, another pool of creeper on the right.) I Never lasted long enough for the phantoms to launch.

Added Saudi Arabia to 'impossible' - everyone feel free to try to crack it!

If we get stuck we could always try variations like 'The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia' - but we'd need to make sure it's a legitimate title.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Grauniad on December 03, 2011, 09:58:40 AM

You wrote USA, but by all accounts (your and mine) we also played "United States of America" and "The United States of America."

USA has a score posted against it, "United States of America" and "The United States of America" do not, so I assumed that while we'd had a look at them, nobody had played them to completion. I decided against including them in the 'countries completed' list as the stated secondary objective was to post scores.

Quote from: Grauniad on December 03, 2011, 09:58:40 AM

But we haven't yet played "That country where men are men and sheep are very afraid." :P

Wales? Australia? Albania? You'll have to be a little more specific! Actually, while living in the UK I got sick of all the sheep jokes aimed at us Kiwi's - just because we had a human population of 3 million and a sheep population of 90 million... That's 30 sheep for every man, woman and child in the country...!!

Cavemaniac

Malawi.

No vices, no virtues.

Dull with a capital 'Duh'.

Nice country though.

Those of you with any sense of geography might have noticed a trend in my posted countries - it's almost as if I was reliving an overland trip across 12,500kms of Eastern and Southern Africa. Where will I go next? Does anyone care? Stay tuned - or wander off to the 'fridge for a snack. You choose...

Katra

Vanuatu completed. Might be a nice fight if it wasn't for the long dig to get to it. (Map is an instant win on small.)

Handy list of UN nations.

Edit. Israel.

Rather a wimp of an experimental map. No point in even building a dark beam for the few weak drones; just build and chuck conversion bombs. (With a squad of blasters to handle the drones.) Probably not too bad even with only conventional weapons if someone were so inclined.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Katra on December 04, 2011, 12:03:17 AM

Vanuatu completed. Might be a nice fight if it wasn't for the long dig to get to it. (Map is an instant win on small.)

Israel.

Rather a wimp of an experimental map.

Added Israel and Vanuatu.

Nice to see less obvious countries getting a workout - I wouldn't have picked Vanuatu being done in the first 10%.

DethbyIT

Mongolia - meh.
China - Big, boring, and easy to take out with the right weapons. Quite realistic, actually.

Tanzania - concur. That was fun!

Russian Federation - nothing worth seeing - stepped all over them.