Mission: Which is the 'best' country?

Started by Cavemaniac, December 01, 2011, 04:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xoft

Montenegro done. That was tricky! :) It took about 20 restarts to get it done properly. Unfortunately that means I haven't got enough screenshots.

Spoiler
The basic strategy was to dig up the green and red gems as soon as possible, then build 4 blasters near where the green gem was, use the space under the green gem to build more reactors. Then I moved the LS to the right and built three blasters and a shield above the decayable ground to the right of the blue gem. By this time the drones started flowing in, so the memory gets fuzzy :) I just know I made three launchers, cleared the top-right part of the chamber, then digged the solid terrain below it for reactor buildspace.

Then finally I managed to nullify the topmost emitter and soon after that I grabbed the white gem. That allowed me to build many more blasters, needed for defending the top-left part of the chamber that would get flooded from below, the decayable terrain would break at about that time. I cleared the reactors I had there and replaced them with shields and blasters behind them. I had just enough energy to fight everything off, but the field kept pushing creeper to my shields, breaking them, so basically I had two "chambers" made of shields, when the first chamber got busted, I pulled all weapons from it, letting the weapons in the second chamber take care of the drones / creeper; then the field let go and I rebuilt the first chamber.

Once the next emitter gets nullified, it's pretty standard slogging mission.
[close]

xoft

Lov

Philippines done it's a very long slogfest.

xoft

Philippines is a slogfest, but on the other hand it's pretty interesting from the beginning - 12 phantoms, combination of super-strong and strong super-fast drones breaking to the surface through a single decayable tile and a titan emitter in that same chamber. I had fun playing that one, although it took me some 45 minutes to beat :)

Cavemaniac

All updated.

Philippines and Montenegro added to the fun list - though perhaps Montenegro should be the 'challenging' list!

We've slowed right down now that most countries are 'done'.

Please start nominating your favourite map(s) from the list of fun codes we've discovered.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

xoft

Republic of Moldova finished. Nothing interesting.

Cavemaniac

xoft

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines done. Not bad, but still there were better.

I guess that's the last one, isn't it?

Cavemaniac

Quote from: xoft on January 16, 2012, 03:49:41 PM
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines done. Not bad, but still there were better.

I guess that's the last one, isn't it?

Rzeczpospolita Polska [Poland]

Pretty good actually, a titan emitter and some time constraints - but no match for me...

Now we're finished!

Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this mission!

I'll post a new topic and we can argue about the best one.

xoft

Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 22, 2012, 08:27:59 PM

I don't see your score posted, you sure you played the right mission, no typos? I managed to play a few countries with weird typos :)
But the level description is right, it was a titan level.

I'm going for all the nominated levels, try to see which one's the best. Tried Armenia and so far, not much challenge.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: xoft on January 23, 2012, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 22, 2012, 08:27:59 PM

I don't see your score posted, you sure you played the right mission, no typos? I managed to play a few countries with weird typos :)
But the level description is right, it was a titan level.

Darn it, I didn't think anyone would actually check up on me!

Must have forgotten to hit the submit button - fortunately, I saved just before I opened the last chamber so replaying and posting a score wasn't such a huge deal.

Quote from: xoft on January 23, 2012, 03:41:49 PM

I'm going for all the nominated levels, try to see which one's the best.

That's what I'm gonna do too - there's not a lot of new custom maps around these days.

Just gotta remember/check which ones I've already done...