Day 16: Purpose

Started by WreeperCorld, May 16, 2011, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 21, 2011, 09:05:20 AM
This mission has me stuck as well. I tried both sealing the roof as well as trying to stand my ground in the cave. I just can't get the timing right as to make enough reactors to fund my assault. Soon, my blasters, and phantom coils are starved and all hell breaks loose.

What should be the first thing to build after flying into the cave? Should you prepare lots of shields and repulsers or should you build mass reactors and wait for the last minute to build weapons?

Did you watch the walkthrough video  in this thread? Blasters can wait for a substantial time before you build any.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TonyP2000

Ha ha ha! I beat it! Man this one was wild. Once you get a strong hold, it is very easy to win. I even went on to beat day 17 and 18 as well.  :D
Vote Tony!

roccologic

Day 16
Easy Start at right upper corner

Nemoricus

Ooh, nice find! However, you need three phantom coils to keep all of the phantoms at bay.

Also, a launcher works well once you've cleared enough creeper that you don't have to constantly push it back.

J

Mayby this works better if you build the phantom coils in the LS.  :D

Kithros

Truthfully if you were playing it like this (it will be painfully slow compared to playing it normally, I could probably completely finish the map using shields + repulsors before you could even build a reactor playing this way), you wouldn't actually need phantom coils at all - just let the phantoms land and then drop down, since you can only build weapons for a long time nothing of yours will truly be  threatened by the phantoms. Launchers will clear up the pool a lot faster than the blaster once the LS is secure, and I would only start building phantom coils once you got to the ground level and needed to protect the reactors.

TonyP2000

The first time I played this map, I tried this...It is not long before you get completely raped with drones... A single blaster can not hold them off.  :(
Vote Tony!

mthw2vc

The idea when playing that way is that you never have to dig to let the creeper into the chamber with the drones, thus avoiding them until you have more than what you need to kill them.

Krell

I find it strange that so many people have troubles with energy on this level. I can fit a massive amount of reactors it a small area like that cave. You just have to be careful not to have too much digging at once.

ontheworld

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 26, 2011, 01:41:57 PM
The first time I played this map, I tried this...It is not long before you get completely raped with drones... A single blaster can not hold them off.  :(

He does it above ground, he didn't dig anything, as of such the creeper won't break terrain and wont let the creeper out