Exporting maps

Started by radarkat, March 30, 2023, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radarkat

I downloaded the CW2 map editor. Saved a map. Played it, submitted my score. Went to the upload page and the site won't take the map because the file does not have the cwm extension. I am lost from that point. What do I need to do? Is there some place in the map editor I'm not using in order to get that file extension? Thanks for any help.

Karsten75

Quote from: radarkat on March 30, 2023, 06:01:03 PMI downloaded the CW2 map editor. Saved a map. Played it, submitted my score. Went to the upload page and the site won't take the map because the file does not have the cwm extension. I am lost from that point. What do I need to do? Is there some place in the map editor I'm not using in order to get that file extension? Thanks for any help.
That is super-weird. Are you sure you are going to the correct upload location? CW2 files have a .cw2 extension.

If you are editing and the map has a .cwm extension, you are using the OG Creeper World map editor, I think.

See this post for how to get and install the CW2 map editor. If you still have problems, hit me up on Discord, or post pictures showing what you're doing and what files you see on disk.

radarkat

That was it. I had the wrong page for submission. Thanks!

Karsten75

Quote from: radarkat on March 31, 2023, 03:47:22 PMThat was it. I had the wrong page for submission. Thanks!
I wonder how that happened? In the message you sent me, I gave you the exact same link. Color me confused. 

Karsten75

@radarkat Did you ever upload this map? I've been keeping an eye out, but saw nothing new in the CW2 maps.