Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10306: 058-need a Mantis

Author: Rennervate
Size: 255x255

Desc:
R. aka AlexX

EEderle

Is the start in the middle? I tried so many times ... maybe I  am missing something obvious ... or it's a matter of finding the xcat correct order .. frustrating :-(

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: EEderle on October 08, 2022, 10:47:46 AMIs the start in the middle? I tried so many times ... maybe I  am missing something obvious ... or it's a matter of finding the xcat correct order .. frustrating :-(

Here's what I did, roughly:

Drop the CN in the center, build one siphon then once the first siphon finishes, start the next one so you minimize the time when you don't have any energy. Build a reactor on each of the four high spots. build a collector on each side of your CN to maximize your energy collection, and build one cannon on the south side tucked right up against your CN. Build mines on the ore, build a sprayer, and then nullify the AE to the south. Clear it out of creeper and build a reactor there, the emitters are easily dealt with using your sprayer, a cannon, and a mortar at this point. You don't need to put beams on a PZ immediately, because spores start out pretty easy to deal with, just one beam on the east side of your CN will be ok for the first few minutes. You'll also need a cannon on the north side pretty soon, and eventually a cannon east and west just to fend off the creeper. I've attached a screenshot.

D0m0nik

Don't forget the power of the collector, build them everywhere you can even if they won't last long, they very quickly boost energy collection. Getting reactors on the PZs just south was key for me.

Fun map!