Custom Map #1590: CCursor 1: welcome. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, May 19, 2021, 08:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1590: CCursor 1: welcome

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 192x120

TrickyPlayer

Yes, I do realize that you can just go towards the rift lab whenever you want. I'm probably going to employ the sweeper in the future to prevent you from doing that, if I continue this at all.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Malignantmind

How exactly are you supposed to get out of the starting corner? Mortars obliterate the tiny trickle of creeper you're able to create before you can get passed them.

Durikkan

Quote from: Malignantmind on May 19, 2021, 01:22:35 PM
How exactly are you supposed to get out of the starting corner? Mortars obliterate the tiny trickle of creeper you're able to create before you can get passed them.

Follow the channel at the bottom of the map to the west as fast as you can, by the time a mortar shell hits you should be far enough to the left of the impact that 1 or 2 tiles of creeper survives and just keep moving.  Once you get past the mortars you can build up your strength quite a bit in all that open space. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

CS Z

Fun map.

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on May 19, 2021, 09:01:43 AM
Yes, I do realize that you can just go towards the rift lab whenever you want. I'm probably going to employ the sweeper in the future to prevent you from doing that, if I continue this at all.

I rarely achieved a height that the Sweeper unit would do anything to.

joebywan

It's not really a new type, there's plenty of PAC maps with cursor integrated.

The channel at the bottom was a bit tight.  Required 1x speed and zigging back and forth at the last mortar to stop it taking out the whole creep mass.

Otherwise it was pretty easy once the corner was covered.