Custom Map #1324: FPS: Return to Bunker. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, April 13, 2021, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1324: FPS: Return to Bunker

Author: Heritor
Size: 320x200

dwilkinson

So, i'm 3/4 of the way through and just got ontop of the crazonium walls... I like it, because i can actually see the skimmers coming from up here and have much better FOV from being higher up. But it's probably a bug.
Spoiler
Happened on the north wall of the most North-East room in the base, i just backed up to the wall and somehow climbed up
[close]
EDIT:
Spoiler
Oh, it um works on a lot more walls than that, i just walked straight across the base as though walls do not matter. Will try to attach a video. It took 3 attempts to record that and i had to convert to mp4
[close]
EDIT2: So, it only happens when i am on 4x speed. maybe i am lagging out one on the core fps scripts then. my laptop does not like this level, i get about 10 fps on 1x speed. i can actually get stuck up there if i turn speed down.
Spoiler
kinda turns it into invincible mode though as i'm behind crazonium
[close]

Shatterstep

Odd, you can't win the game unless you fire the fabrication gun at porter that delivers liftec. Otherwise it can't supply liftec to the last totem. I don't see any other source of liftec.I had to activate the editor and look around to figure out why the map wouldn't finish.

Otherwise, fun map.

EricPhail

A couple of gripes with this one:
1. the east sections were tedious as heck (solid crimson which regrows about as fast as you can counter it , is not fun imo)
2. the liftic beacon is awkward (I lost the first box to the crimson doom, noticed no more was coming and thought I'd found an instant-fail state until after clearing the other objectives I
Spoiler
thought to go back to the start and fabricate on the porter (was slightly surprised that worked tbh)
[close]

edit ninja'd

Qople

Quote from: dwilkinson on April 13, 2021, 08:26:16 AM
So, i'm 3/4 of the way through and just got ontop of the crazonium walls... I like it, because i can actually see the skimmers coming from up here and have much better FOV from being higher up. But it's probably a bug.
Spoiler
Happened on the north wall of the most North-East room in the base, i just backed up to the wall and somehow climbed up
[close]
EDIT:
Spoiler
Oh, it um works on a lot more walls than that, i just walked straight across the base as though walls do not matter. Will try to attach a video. It took 3 attempts to record that and i had to convert to mp4
[close]
EDIT2: So, it only happens when i am on 4x speed. maybe i am lagging out one on the core fps scripts then. my laptop does not like this level, i get about 10 fps on 1x speed. i can actually get stuck up there if i turn speed down.
Spoiler
kinda turns it into invincible mode though as i'm behind crazonium
[close]

Oh. When you're on 4x speed without high FPS, you can clip through most walls. That'll definitely be fixed in the next version.

Durikkan

Quote from: Shatterstep on April 13, 2021, 10:04:09 AM
Odd, you can't win the game unless you fire the fabrication gun at porter that delivers liftec. Otherwise it can't supply liftec to the last totem. I don't see any other source of liftec.I had to activate the editor and look around to figure out why the map wouldn't finish.

Otherwise, fun map.

It actually mentions that in the initial ADA message, but it's easy to overlook. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

Malignantmind

Seemed a little on the easy side besides that first tense bit where you have to hold back the wave while you have no power generation. The east sections were very tedious though, even with the god tier weapons. Still fun overall, but you really go from powerless to unstoppable in the blink of an eye. There's no real progression.

Ran into the liftic problem as well (and didn't read the entire A.D.A message) but accidentally noticed the fabricator fills the porters at the beginning of the map so that was easy enough to deal with.

knightace

Ran this map focusing on each weapon; separately. (minus fabricator)

The start of the map was surprising; well designed start really. It's scary but you can't really lose there unless you do nothing. Easiest start I saw was using the fabricator on the defenses - clever. I liked it. (coincidentally I charged the porters immediately)

But then my weapons shot to full power. I thought I had somehow glitched the game because I just so happened to spend points at that exact time (lol); so I reloaded to play properly. Then I discovered we were meant to be god-tier and just carve our path through the first half of the map with little issue no matter the weapon.

The east section though...
I found that the cannon *might* be possible, but it would be a terrible experience to sit on it.
The mortar was worse off. Barely even established a foothold.
The sprayer carved through the area with little issue.
Honestly; makes sense, seeing as that's what crimson is for- a little extra defense.

I have to say; this map was odd. I didn't mind playing it; it just felt like there was something missing. Growth, conquering, I don't know. Going from zero to a hundred in terms of power made it so only the east of the map was any issue and everything before it was just a tour through the map. I don't mean this negatively; just feedback on places the map didn't feel inspiring. Oh; and with our weapons being so powerful, I couldn't tell much of a difference spending upgrade points.

Caz

This can't be beaten as of 8-14-2021.  I've spent over an hour at the east section trying to get through the door.  I've sat with the sprayer, the cannon, and the mortar and no matter how long I sit there, zero progress is made.  I can't get to the totem in the next room, the SE totem is offline, the middle totem isn't actually doing anything productive.

Without being able to actually get into the next room, this cannot be done.

heritor

Quote from: Caz on August 14, 2021, 08:27:40 PM
This can't be beaten as of 8-14-2021.  I've spent over an hour at the east section trying to get through the door.  I've sat with the sprayer, the cannon, and the mortar and no matter how long I sit there, zero progress is made.  I can't get to the totem in the next room, the SE totem is offline, the middle totem isn't actually doing anything productive.

I'll give this a test and see what's happening.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

heritor

Quote from: Caz on August 14, 2021, 08:27:40 PM

I've checked and this is still beatable- the ending is tough, but no tougher than it was when first released.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

Ben_

I suspect that the east area being "unbeatable" is a performance issue.
I was completely unable to make headway against the "door" to the first totem area.
After maybe 10-15 minutes of trying various things, I saved, exited, relaunched, and loaded that save.
My sprayer was suddenly much more effective than it had been.  Seemed like it was maybe firing twice as fast.  Taking the room still wasn't exactly quick, but I was able to make steady progress.

I had to go through the same process again a room or two later, with the same effect.

Romboldt

I actually managed to power through that last section without the liftic dome, but once I hit the mile-high crimson I threw in the towel. I didn't want to spend hours trying to slowly reclaim that last section of map an inch at a time, there's no fun in that. :/

Quote from: EricPhail on April 13, 2021, 10:18:15 AM
A couple of gripes with this one:
1. the east sections were tedious as heck (solid crimson which regrows about as fast as you can counter it , is not fun imo)
2. the liftic beacon is awkward (I lost the first box to the crimson doom, noticed no more was coming and thought I'd found an instant-fail state until after clearing the other objectives I
Spoiler
thought to go back to the start and fabricate on the porter (was slightly surprised that worked tbh)
[close]

edit ninja'd

phischphood

I also made the mistake of not reading the ADA notes properly, had to come here to see that you need to use the fabricator gun on the liftic box.