Version 0.91

Started by knucracker, September 27, 2016, 09:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Version 0.91 has been pushed to steam.
Always look at the bottom of the main menu to see if you are running the latest version.  Steam auto updates, but can be slow about it sometimes.

Check the Beta Change Log for changes in this build.
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21323.0

Ok, so I have 1 very busy day to review this build.  What I'm looking for are show stoppers... things that make me stop and do another build.
For instance, on a clean install does the game run, can you progress through all of the story missions?  Things of that very basic nature.

I already have a long list of small issues and suggestions, along with some major work items.  That will all come after the release.  What's important for the next 48 hours is making sure the game can be released and there isn't anything majorly in the way of 99.9% of people playing and hopefully enjoying the game.

One way you can experience the game 'from scratch' is to:
- Turn off steam cloud sync for the game.
- Rename this directory: "c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\particlefleet"

Basically, you want to temporarily rename you settings and save directory (you will want to put it back later).  That will allow you to experience the game from scratch just like a new player.  As you play through the story, all of them should unlock and you in theory should be able to make it to the end.  If you can do that, I'll have a better Thursday than if you can't :)

As always, any help and final validation is very much appreciated by both me and by the many players of the game yet to come.

Relli

So I thought I'd help out with this. I downloaded the new build, I turned off steam cloud sync, I renamed the directory, and went at it again. Two things right off the bat. While most things reverted to factory standard, the achievements page remembers what story missions I've completed. All the other stats on that page are gone, but story missions is correct, the proper achievements earned. But I don't think that's anything resembling a show-stopper.
The other issue is that even with all the story missions locked, I can still view Codex and the Epilogue. I couldn't even do that before I reset my data. I can't imagine that was an intentional change, but if it was, go ahead and disregard.
I'll come back later after I finish a few story missions.