Bug report: Doppel stuck in a wall

Started by jaworeq, September 25, 2016, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaworeq

Not sure how it got there, but when I noticed it, my MK7 was firing and it's health wasnt going down.

BTW, just noticed that saves of finalized map go to misc folder.

Darkmega

that doppel looks like he's stuck between a pretty tough fleet and an invisible barrier which substitutes for a hard place. :V Go sit your shield ship on him? or laser him? MK7 must be hitting the map bounds first.

Karsten75

Don't think it's a bug. Doppels can go strange places. sometimes flying over terrain, and that damages them and the terrain, depending on mire state of terrain.

TheWife

It got permanently stuck there, though. :P And stayed there till the end of the mission.

jaworeq

It was there even after the end of mission.

Karsten75

Log file might have been handy to check for exceptions (which mean the game broke)

chwooly

Just got the same error, Can provide logs and save but see attached screen shot. Only ship that would fire on it was the MK7. It is hard to see since it is outside the hard edge of the map and that gets cut off by the screen shot
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

TheWife

Oh, my. I just checked the map and I actually placed a patrol point barely outside of the map and didn't even notice. :'D
This is why he got there and was stuck, probably.

knucracker

Yeah, that might be it.  The doppel core is trying to move there, but it can't leave the map so it keeps trying.  I should probably move out of bounds waypoints back inside the map.

4xC

You know, this reminds me of an exchange mission in the 40s in which a dopple core reformed particles around it too fast for any ship to kill it until WAY after the end of a mission. It wouldn't die until every last resource could be devoted towards it, including my custom ship, the Big Bro.

I'll recreate it and upload the log when I can; it was a small mission and the dopple core was in the upper left corner of the map. It had a ship spawner and I think 2 dopple spawners.

Scratch that: my progress must have gotten erased when the last update rolled out. Or maybe it doesn't autosave if you win a level and leave after you select the "keep playing" option.
C,C,C,C

Karsten75

Quote from: jaworeq on September 25, 2016, 11:57:40 AM

BTW, just noticed that saves of finalized map go to misc folder.

Kind of "intended side effect of another desirable feature."

Quote from: virgilw on September 26, 2016, 11:23:41 AM
They can't be put in the exchange directory, since that is organized by map ID, and until uploaded they don't have a map ID.  That's a side effect of making it more convenient to find maps under the exchange directory.

I could put them under exchange, but they would still be stored under a GUID directory.

jaworeq

That part wasn't really a bug report, but since we're here now - name of the folder is hashed. Could it just be name?

Karsten75

Quote from: jaworeq on September 26, 2016, 12:56:48 PM
That part wasn't really a bug report, but since we're here now - name of the folder is hashed. Could it just be name?

Not hashed - it's the map GUID. I do see the problem with that, though, but I'm thinking this is going to have to wait - right now V is crunching to get the demo and game out.

I'm going to start a thread of "Things for post-release" :) Virgil already has a "pain list" and he can consider adding things on my list to his list after the game goes live.