Bug report: Enemy mine on freshly started map shows 0 until you unpause

Started by jaworeq, September 24, 2016, 07:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaworeq

I thought I already reported it. When you start a new game on a map (like exchange map #7), where enemy has already constructed energy mines, they show 0 until you let first frame pass (after pressing "n" once, it shows actual value.

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

The game really needs to run for 1 frame to get things in order. This is the case for a nnumber of things. It's not so much a bug as jsut how it is designed.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 24, 2016, 11:00:01 AM
The game really needs to run for 1 frame to get things in order. This is the case for a nnumber of things. It's not so much a bug as jsut how it is designed.

I think the same happens in cw3. Enter a mission with some units in play. You can't see their ammo unless you unpause or press "n".
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Karsten75

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 24, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on September 24, 2016, 11:00:01 AM

I think the same happens in cw3. Enter a mission with some units in play. You can't see their ammo unless you unpause or press "n".

Exactly.

GoodMorning

Also see any number of scripts, requiring an initialisation. Virgil does the same, but is able to save/load data, meaning that his code can run faster and lighter, at the expense of a new initialisation after every load.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.