Bug: Friendly Stunners

Started by Crimson King, September 18, 2016, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson King

The "Mine Dischargers" upgrade does not account for friendly Stunners. The Discharger ship does not target friendly Stunners. I first noticed this on Beta 18 but am able to to reproduce it on Beta 19.

This is easily noticeable on Exchange map #37: Heavy Fire. http://knucklecracker.com/forum/index.php?topic=21379.0

The attached save file has everything set up with ~2 seconds to the friendly Stunners launching. The screenshot shows the mine firing at the friendly Stunners.

Ovalcircle

[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

Nicant

Only enemy ships that have the discharger module can only target the friendly stunners. The friendly stunners also should only stun enemy ships.
CW4 hype!!

GoodMorning

There's a reason that the word "bug" appears in the thread name. If friendly stunners are being targeted by friendly mines...

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Awesome... easy fix.  Thanks for the save that very rapidly reproduces the issue.  I know that isn't always possible, but when it is, it saves me like 5 minutes of having to setup a scenario, reproduce the problem, put the fix in place, then test again.  Shaving off the first two steps is a time saver.

Crimson King

Good to hear that this was much easier to track down and fix than the first bug I reported. It probably helps that this one was much easier to recreate and make a save for.