Glitch and possible suggestion?

Started by Jonny_D, September 17, 2016, 11:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny_D

Hi, first time posting here so bear with me...

I was fortunate to dabble a bit with the pre-release and it runs pretty good on my old 2011 Macbook Pro. I was going to report that I think there's some missing display info in game? When I click on an enemy emitter it says "Emitter" in the box below but when I click on a Spawner, Dopple Maker etc. It doesn't say anything. Dunno if this is intentional or not.

Also... if I might make a tiny suggestion. I love the drag and drop feature for the ships but I kinda wish there was a way I could sneak a peek at their armaments in game. Would there possibly be a way to get a "preview" of a selected ship in the build menu? Maybe with a right-click or something? I dunno just an idea. Great game though :)

Karsten75

Quote from: Jonny_D on September 17, 2016, 11:45:59 AM
Also... if I might make a tiny suggestion. I love the drag and drop feature for the ships but I kinda wish there was a way I could sneak a peek at their armaments in game. Would there possibly be a way to get a "preview" of a selected ship in the build menu? Maybe with a right-click or something? I dunno just an idea. Great game though :)

Welcome.

There is much plans for improvements in this area. Probably post-release. Right now I imagine Virgil is heads-down resolving the juicy crop of bugs extended testing provided as well as focusing on completing the story mission before releasing the game on 29th.  Much Internet wrath will ensue if he misses that deadline. :)

Jonny_D

Oh I'm QUITE sure Virgil's plate is full right now, I was just passing a lil suggestion on. I'd be surprised if it hasn't been suggested already :)

knucracker

The info display is missing for those units, but it's just the names that would show up (for now anyway).  It's pretty minor, and I may not even allow them to be selected in the future... that or when they are more info will be shown that just the name.

And yep, an info display on ships is one of the first things I plan to do post initial release (unless the game get's universally panned and sells like 5 copies :) ).  It is particularly needed in maps that have custom ships.