Custom Map #3294: Alliete. By: Sun YuDai

Started by AutoPost, March 18, 2016, 01:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3294: Alliete

Author: Sun YuDai
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Not just a heavy slog, this map requires careful management of available weapons to survive early on. Everything is limited, Berthas will not save you. Lots to do here symetrical map. If you do manage to get this in under 20 minutes, please tell me how in forum. First map subitted for CW3. #SunYuDai

RrR

The map is good, but the clean-up phase, picking up all the tech is a bit tedious.

Why provide AoO and then put a huge AoO shield on the inhibitors so they cannot be used?

Builder17

To help you clear after taking inhibitors down maybe?  ???

sunyudai

Quote from: RrR on March 18, 2016, 08:02:01 AM
The map is good, but the clean-up phase, picking up all the tech is a bit tedious.

Why provide AoO and then put a huge AoO shield on the inhibitors so they cannot be used?

A good point on the AoO, that should have been smaller. As for the tech, It's useful if you approach from the sides, but I'll bear that in mind in the next map.

Thank you for feedback!

sunyudai

Quote from: Builder17 on March 18, 2016, 09:26:37 AM
To help you clear after taking inhibitors down maybe?  ???

That was the original thought, but I made a few changes since and mostly invalidated the use. I'll try to keep that in mind in the next map.

Jerdog

I beat the inhibitors at just over 20 minutes but the mop-up took another minute and a half.

Strategy?  Push forward.  Use the PZs:  Berthas when possible, reactors otherwise with a few beams.

D0m0nik

18.43, No secrets just use every tool at your disposal, maximise all PZs for power and build all units available. All berthas need to be on PZs and save AOOs for the clean up. For the quickest time build straight up to the big inhibitors as fast as possible, I spent too much time clearing the bottom of the map, 15 or 16 mins possible. A fast time is only possible with a lot of pausing hence I did this in two sittings.

sunyudai

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 18, 2016, 08:11:31 PM
18.43, No secrets just use every tool at your disposal, maximise all PZs for power and build all units available. All berthas need to be on PZs and save AOOs for the clean up. For the quickest time build straight up to the big inhibitors as fast as possible, I spent too much time clearing the bottom of the map, 15 or 16 mins possible. A fast time is only possible with a lot of pausing hence I did this in two sittings.

Huh, you know. I haven't tried attacking straight up the center without fully securing the bottom, which in itself takes me about 20 minutes. Thank you for sharing.