Blue Particle Micro

Started by 4xC, December 01, 2015, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

Since Red Particles are able to take on so many shapes like Sandman, why not have a friendly unit that allows the same thing for Blue Particles?

I know there is already something that pushes them, but I am thinking of a mid-late-game-tech that lets you control blue particles just as elegantly as the red particles move themselves, like long snakey strands or enter a particle wall formation or, maybe for the heck of this last one more than anything cost-efficient, make blue dopples.

Think "Particle Terp".

Minor things:

-Individual target settings for each and every individual module as well as target settings for whole ships as a "default" so that some weapons can focus more specifically while the rest of the weapons do the ship's bidding.
-mini-shields with mild gravity effects on enemy particles similar to shields and repulsors.
-"smarter" targeting for missiles; right now, they can quickly turn at sharp, post-90 degree angles, but only if they miss and even seem to stay still for a moment before moving in the new direction.
C,C,C,C

Qwerty Quazo

Like...

An omni that makes those lines between the particles, to hold them together?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Tjgalon

I can kinda see this more in the custom maps. Like how some in creeper world 3 use a lot of the tech a player can get, and some that completely new.

kubinator4321

I kinda think it might be better to introduce another kind of friendly particles that are slightly weaker but more controllable, allowing you to create advanced formations.

J

I see blue emitters with simple particle formations and red emitters with simple and advanced particle formations. I see no reason why blue emitters won't be able to use special formations like snakes. I've seen no sign yet of red (or blue) structures that change the particle formation. It feels like it might be hard to code a proper user interface for custom particle formation changes, but a crpl core equivalent will certainly be able to do this.

planetfall

Quote from: J on December 05, 2015, 10:24:23 AM
I see blue emitters with simple particle formations and red emitters with simple and advanced particle formations. I see no reason why blue emitters won't be able to use special formations like snakes.

The last video had a blue emitter producing squares of squares.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Karsten75

Red and blue emitters have the same functionality.  It's merely a check-mark to decide when an emitter is friendly or hostile. I think there's some PRPL involved in creating a flip emitter and they're not necessarily mirror-images.