WOW!!!!!

Started by betadata, December 24, 2009, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betadata

I found this game on flashtowerdefence.com. played the demo and invested the 9.99 . well definitely the best 10 bucks I ever spent. I have played through the game and finished all the levels and LOVE the ending. The replay value is amazing. This is one of the more original games I have ever played. I have been playing games since pong was a stand alone console on a 13" black and white TV. I was a big fan of homeworld and the story here rivals that game. I look forward to digging into the many user created maps and maybe making a map or two of my own. My hat is off to the one man team that brought this game to us. I bet his family missed him a bit though. :P 

knucracker

Thanks for the great comments....

If you were playing pong on a bw tv you must be an 'old' guy like me :)  I started with an atari 2600 (well a sears branded version).  Wrote games on an atari 400 when I was a kid and went crazy as a teenager on a c64.  Ah the good old days when a big game dev shop was 3 guys not a movie studio....

betadata

Hey wait a min you called me old. I dont think so.  atari 2600 LOL the football game took up many hours of my life. 3 stupid sprites that all moved together. 

knucracker

No no no.... I said 'old'  (note the quotes :) 
I played adventure on the 2600 till I wore out about two joysticks.

Anyway.... speaking of that family missing me part (here I am posting on my own forum while santa is out making the rounds!).

Merry Christmas everyone!

Young

Quote from: betadata on December 24, 2009, 07:58:08 PM
I found this game on flashtowerdefence.com. played the demo and invested the 9.99 . well definitely the best 10 bucks I ever spent. I have played through the game and finished all the levels and LOVE the ending. The replay value is amazing. This is one of the more original games I have ever played. I have been playing games since pong was a stand alone console on a 13" black and white TV. I was a big fan of homeworld and the story here rivals that game. I look forward to digging into the many user created maps and maybe making a map or two of my own. My hat is off to the one man team that brought this game to us. I bet his family missed him a bit though. :P 

I am just like you found it at flashtowerdefense.com and god. I never pay for games and this was just addicting as hell.

Aurzel

heh so nice to see the old guys enjoying a good game and reliving the old days ;)

NoobSauce

Yeah, I'll let you guys in on a secret...  I don't usually buy games, and the constant nagging to "BUY BUY BUY CREEPER WORLD ONLY 9.95.99 WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS AND LOOK AT ALL THESE SPARKLING REVIEWS" pissed me off so much that I was about to just pirate the game...  then I played the training sim one more time and was like "Dayum, this shit is pretty well made."

On a related note, the main knuckle cracker website is annoying as hell and I hope it changes.
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Aurzel

NoobSauce

The aggressive marketing is irritating...  the screenshots and youtube link and BUY BUY BUY...

I dunno, maybe it works, but I dream of a day when the game will speak for itself...
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Aurzel

well you need to have a link on the home page so people can buy insteado searching the website dont you?

Thorgold

I am like the OP, except I played the Simulator at Kongregate. I don't find the front page too commercial, in fact it's what I'd expect from a pay-to-play game's site. Now, if this was an entirely different site i.e. a blog whose owner made a game, a front page with "BUY MAH GAME" would be annoying.

Dranar

One of my friends said he 'cracked' the game and got the full version for free. He said it was easy aswell, so I'd suggest you get better security.  ;)
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Aurzel

it's always going to be easy enough to find cracks for any game, security isnt in question here, but it's people like that who'll make the game suffer unecesserily

knucracker

Yeah, there is no stopping piracy.  PC games suffer greatly from this.  Everybody thinks it is harmless because they see companies like Valve make bunches of money.  What they don't see are all of the companies that no longer exist, or games that never got made.

All I can do is to make CW as much fun as I can and as good a value as I can.  I've tried to make it provide many hours of entertainment and brain exercise.  I've also tried to not just 'fire and forget' the game, but continue to nurture and participate in the community after its release.

But, I'm thankful for everyone who has bought the game and their support of indie development!

Aurzel

and we thank you for being a far above average developer in both contribution to the game and to the community :D