Custom Map #866: Frost-Bound. By: Dook

Started by AutoPost, July 18, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #866: Frost-Bound

Author: Dook
Size: 180x110

Desc:
The frigid altar awaits behind its protective shield. Check forums for tips. Gameplay style = grind / grief. Major thanks to ParkourPenguin for the scripts (AntiUnitShield, AntiUnitShieldBattery, CreeperMortar). Thanks also to flabort (flip emitter script), VirgilW and Clean0nion (Creeper turret).

Dook

Tips.

On mission start you can use the orbital weapons to deactivate any active dormant emitter. There is a dormant emitter in both the east and west starting points, make good use of their power zones. recommend saving prior to the last anti unit shield battery being destroyed.

Turret Vulnerabilities - Snipers will temporarily deactivate them. They can be killed by Nullifiers.

Creeper Mortar exploitation {only for those struggling, pritty strong spoiler} -
Spoiler
They fire every 30 seconds but will not emit creeper till they have fired. this gives you 30 seconds to destroy a mortar then build a nullifier on its PZ and destroy the inhibitor. Leveling up the build speed and packet speed then rushing the center makes the second phase of this map rather easy.
[close]

Tjgalon

I wonder if something is odd in the script. I could not figure out how to launch a final attack onto the middle. It would not let me Temp the middle area, or anything. I save and qit, came back after and it let me temp into the middle to nulfiy it. Yes it was after the 4 battery were killed to let me in.

Dook

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 18, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
I wonder if something is odd in the script. I could not figure out how to launch a final attack onto the middle. It would not let me Temp the middle area, or anything. I save and qit, came back after and it let me temp into the middle to nulfiy it. Yes it was after the 4 battery were killed to let me in.

There is a short period after the last battery is destroyed in which the shield will persist. The battery's feed the central shield with ammo. After the last battery goes down the central shield will slowly run out of ammo. There is a red bar above the shield emitter to signify this. Although if the red bar runs out and the shield still remains then it's a persisting shield bug unfortunately. A possible fix like you said is to save and reload. I apologize to any one that spent the time to get to that part of the map and got blocked by the script. I should have tested it further.

Tjgalon

Maybe I did something wrong, but it seem to work this time. cut my new time by 10mins, from my last save, lol

Dook

Nice, got closer to my time ;D . Think i made this map too hard. As of right now there are 3 scores out of 61 downloads. I was worried when i uploaded it that it would be too easy =/

Thnx for trying it out

Tjgalon

I love maps that have a twist to normal play, and this one does. I think i can cut my time down more, but I was to worried about clear all emitters first, and it seems like, it may not be needed, now that i see the tricks, lol.