What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

Quote from: Otterbear on November 22, 2013, 09:23:09 AM
My views on your views - please excuse my involuntary rudeness.
Spoiler
QuoteThe ability to create AC emitters - both in the code, and in game as a unit say, under "structures" or "weapons".
CRPL-possible.
QuoteMake amounts of AC from said emitters increase with forge upgrades.
CRPL-possible, assuming you're using the fire rate upgrade or one that already exists.
QuoteA way to search for a particular map by name.
It can be assumed that this will be available in Colonial Space.
QuoteA way to find a planet system by number. (Tormented space ect)
Support.
QuoteArea/Unit Targeting - sometimes on island maps, your units will fire at the island with the most creeper and not the island that you are assaulting...can be very aggravating. (So far I have been able to work around this using other systems, but dreading the day that I cannot, and cannot get my units to fire in the right direction.)
Get a terp to cut off a blaster's line of sight. Otherwise, this is just part of the challenge of the gameplay, in my opinion.
QuoteI concur with others in suggesting, that AC spore towers not be considered enemies. (not fired at by my beams, and no alarm for them :) ) Nervous Ned here.
CRPL-possible. Except you wouldn't be firing spores, you'd be firing custom missile CRPLcores. They'd do the same as spores and look the same but they'd be untargetable.
QuoteAn (Obvious) way to tell an AC emitter from a Creeper emitter.
AC emitters spin, are smaller, and are surrounded by differently-coloured creeper.
QuoteA list somewhere on the menu, or beside it listing the number of Emitters/spores ect. So you don't spend a large amount of time counting them.
Support.
Quote(Also the amount that emitters/spores ect. produce needs some kind of neutral background so that you can read them. if placed among Digitalis or other terrain, they can be very difficult to read.)
Support.
QuoteJust for S&G's: I'm wondering, if some sort of coding could be written, that would be able to test whether or not, a map is possible to win.
I imagine this would be impossible. You could just say that the map submitter has to have beat the map before submitting it (to Colonial Space).
QuoteCould it be possible to "categorize" maps by say "one way to win" vs "multiple paths to victory."
All maps have one route... destroy all the stuff.
QuoteLimit the use of Digitalis per map to a percentage of some size.
NO NO NO.
QuoteAlso noticed that with multiple connected Command structures, although the amount of energy and such produced is Supposed to be Cumulative, the amount given out is limited to the closest Command structure, and not the cumulative amount of the total amount of structures. (Could this be fixed?)
They do.
QuoteAlso, wish there was a way to "Like" and "Good Grief!" a post. :D
Support.
[close]

Otterbear

To clarify some of my desires:(Some of the stuff you supported has been edited out for clarity.)
I too, hope this doesn't sound like I'm angry. :D * YOU  NEED TO CLICK ON THE SPOILER AGAIN TO SEE MY RESPONSE, SORRY.

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 22, 2013, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Otterbear on November 22, 2013, 09:23:09 AM
My views on your views - please excuse my involuntary rudeness.
Spoiler
QuoteThe ability to create AC emitters - both in the code, and in game as a unit say, under "structures" or "weapons".
CRPL-possible.
QuoteMake amounts of AC from said emitters increase with forge upgrades.

CRPL-possible, assuming you're using the fire rate upgrade or one that already exists.

I'm fairly certain that this can be done with/within CRPL. My desire however is for this unit to be a part of the "New" game/patch, as a default unit such as bombers, cannons ectra.

QuoteA way to search for a particular map by name.
It can be assumed that this will be available in Colonial Space.

This is good news!

QuoteArea/Unit Targeting - sometimes on island maps, your units will fire at the island with the most creeper and not the island that you are assaulting...can be very aggravating. (So far I have been able to work around this using other systems, but dreading the day that I cannot, and cannot get my units to fire in the right direction.)

Get a terp to cut off a blaster's line of sight. Otherwise, this is just part of the challenge of the gameplay, in my opinion.

At first glance I was happy hear that idea...I hadn't thought of that, on further consideration however, this may work with blasters but will NOT have ANY effect on Mortars. (Which honestly, is what your going to need to take that next island.) ;)

QuoteI concur with others in suggesting, that AC spore towers not be considered enemies. (not fired at by my beams, and no alarm for them :) ) Nervous Ned here.
CRPL-possible. Except you wouldn't be firing spores, you'd be firing custom missile CRPLcores. They'd do the same as spores and look the same but they'd be untargetable.

Again, looking for spore defenses to NOT target AC spore towers as part of the game itself, not just the CRPL code.

QuoteAn (Obvious) way to tell an AC emitter from a Creeper emitter.
AC emitters spin, are smaller, and are surrounded by differently-coloured creeper.

Not a big issue but, most of this info is only available once you have started that game. Knowing its there ahead of time would save some agravation. Also AC spore towers could be more specifily designed as to give you a hint that they are AC spores ect.

QuoteJust for S&G's: I'm wondering, if some sort of coding could be written, that would be able to test whether or not, a map is possible to win.
I imagine this would be impossible. You could just say that the map submitter has to have beat the map before submitting it (to Colonial Space).
Support!

QuoteCould it be possible to "categorize" maps by say "one way to win" vs "multiple paths to victory."
All maps have one route... destroy all the stuff.
Not necessarily, some maps for instance, just want you to destroy the shield inhibitor, others all emitters, and still others all creeper (I hope), some have only ONE way of achieving the end result, while others may offer different approaches. (IE:Some have very few places to "Land", while others provide many.)

QuoteLimit the use of Digitalis per map to a percentage of some size.
NO NO NO.
Yea, your probably right...not my favorite thing to see on a map though. ;)

QuoteAlso noticed that with multiple connected Command structures, although the amount of energy and such produced is Supposed to be Cumulative, the amount given out is limited to the closest Command structure, and not the cumulative amount of the total amount of structures. (Could this be fixed?)
They do.
Yea, I realized early this morning that I had an old version. Patched up now. I hope your right.

QuoteAlso, wish there was a way to "Like" and "Good Grief!" a post. :D
Support.
[close]

pawel345

As for AC emitters and AC spore towers, they can be told apart and they are coded into the game. Once you mouse over an AC emitter you can see that the production is -X and as for spore towers at the beginning before they start building and after they finish they have a white X instead of a blue one.

Otterbear

Quote from: pawel345 on November 22, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
As for AC emitters and AC spore towers, they can be told apart and they are coded into the game. Once you mouse over an AC emitter you can see that the production is -X and as for spore towers at the beginning before they start building and after they finish they have a white X instead of a blue one.

Thanks Pawel345, I was not aware of that.

Ringo

Please excuse me if i am jumping on a thread where i should have started my own but i see that many of the posters are not the OP.

Sorry again if what i would like to see has already been said.

Deeper maps 1-10 level terrain just seems to cap some of the the maps funniness.

I realize there has to be a limit but at least 40-50 deep would be nice to see. I think it would actually make use of the forge more then just upgrading the energy, packet speed and speed build.

And to choice which units the guppy sents its packets to. Yes i can turn off the other units but that would cause the creeper to advance on my other units.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Ringo on November 28, 2013, 07:37:39 PM
Deeper maps 1-10 level terrain just seems to cap some of the the maps' fun.

I realise there has to be a limit but at least 40-50 deep would be nice to see.
I think this is actually a good idea. It could be something like
once
  0 50 SetTerrainLimits
  0 "texture_244" 50 SetTerrainTexture
  1 "texture_244" 60 SetTerrainTexture
  #and so on
endonce

SetTerrainLimits
SetTerrainLimits
Arguments: Lower limit, upper limit             n1 n2 -
Sets the terrain limit to specified textures
[close]
SetTerrainTexture
SetTerrainTexture
Arguments: Terrain level, texture, brightness          i1 n1 i2 -
Sets a texture for terrain from a list of textures
[close]

pawel345

There is the SetTerrainOverride function and that allows you to set it as high as 500 i think? :D

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on November 29, 2013, 11:59:38 AM
There is the SetTerrainOverride function and that allows you to set it as high as 500 i think? :D
I think it lets you set it infinitely high but that doesn't affect the terrain textures.

Ringo

Quote from: pawel345 on November 29, 2013, 11:59:38 AM

There is? In the map editor i have not found it but i could have easily overlooked or not knew what it meant at the time. Where at?

kwinse

Ringo

Quote from: kwinse on November 29, 2013, 04:45:15 PM
It's a CRPL command.

Thanks but what does it say exactly? Cause i can't find it.

Otterbear

I would like to be able (if possible), to rotate the map. Maybe not all 360deg but to be able to "Flip" horizontal and vertical. For some reason I like to work from the left side or bottom of maps. It is a little discombobulating for me to work top down or left to right. (But maybe I'm the only one with this sort of mental issue. :) )

Karsten75

Quote from: Otterbear on November 30, 2013, 08:48:20 PM
I would like to be able (if possible), to rotate the map. Maybe not all 360deg but to be able to "Flip" horizontal and vertical. For some reason I like to work from the left side or bottom of maps. It is a little discombobulating for me to work top down or left to right. (But maybe I'm the only one with this sort of mental issue. :) )

Just rotate your monitor, either physically, or though the driver software. You're welcome. :)