What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Creeper World 3 is an awesome game, nothing bad can be said about it. But there is always things that can be added :D

For example:
a minimap(like the DMD one)
a projected collector coverage, total mortar/beam/PC/ any structure ranges

this are the things I would love to see added to the game.

Duomaxwel

I would like to see a box or indicator for total power and total consumption when you have multiple command units.

superzip

when command nodes are connected i want then to show the same output number.
right now i have to multiply the 2 (or 3) numbers to know how close to overbuilding i am.

Grauniad

Quote from: superzip on October 05, 2013, 06:35:49 PM
when command nodes are connected i want then to show the same output number.
right now i have to multiply the 2 (or 3) numbers to know how close to overbuilding i am.

When they are connected, they *do* show a consolidated number.

My bad, I misread you. They show a consolidated production value, but each CN shows the packets it disperses.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

Yeah, produtcion wise.

Dispertion wise, check again.
C,C,C,C

joshuad156

I agree with Duomaxwel.  The display becomes nearly meaningless when you connect command nodes, because combined incoming energy is listed on each node, but outgoing energy is still independent to each node.  Having the output combined would be nicer and more uniform.

Also, I noticed on one map (the one with the 3 pyramids I think) where there was AC piling up in a corner, unused.  I thought "wouldn't it be great to suck that up and use it where I need it?".  Alas, I couldn't do this because without ore deposits, and building an ore collector, you can't collect AC at all.  I thought this seemed silly that I need a 'collector' (sorry still don't remember all the unit names yet) just to consume AC on the map.

Lots of fun overall though.  I cannot wait for Colonial Space to be released!

Grauniad

Quote from: joshuad156 on October 05, 2013, 07:43:29 PM
.  Alas, I couldn't do this because without ore deposits, and building an ore collector, you can't collect AC at all.  I thought this seemed silly that I need a 'collector' (sorry still don't remember all the unit names yet) just to consume AC on the map.

Ah, but you can... look closely at the attached image...

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Valley

Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 07:46:06 PM
.  Alas, I couldn't do this because without ore deposits, and building an ore collector, you can't collect AC at all.  I thought this seemed silly that I need a 'collector' (sorry still don't remember all the unit names yet) just to consume AC on the map.

Beat me too it.. I won't spoil where that image is.

DToad

Quote from: Valley on October 05, 2013, 08:08:10 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 07:46:06 PM

DOH! I enabled the collection, but didn't dispatch it...

Beat me too it.. I won't spoil where that image is.

Crovax

Hi.
I have noticed a couple of things that are not very comfortable for me:
1. When map is zoomed in i can't move it beyond some point. IMO it would be more comfortable if map could be move so that any point of it can be in the center of screen.
2. Terraforming:
   a. When terraforming is active i can't move map by mouse, even if move button is assigned to middle mouse.
   b. Change brush size by numbers on keyboard or HOTKEY+Scroll (Ctrl|Alt+Scroll).

Imposter

Did I miss something, or are there not hot keys in this one. Quite a few times I'd try to use A or Q like in cw 2 :P

pawel345

More sound options like independent volume for the player unit shots and explosions, on large maps having 5 mortars on PZ firing the sound can really get annoying, but turning of the sound completely will mean you can't hear important things like spore warnings, explosions when something happens on the other side of the map and so on. So like there is don't show the graphic effect a don't play the music effect separately would be great.

Rens2Sea

J

Quote from: Rens2Sea on October 06, 2013, 08:51:14 AM
I'd like a fullscreen windowed mode.
Have you checked settings -> video? Or is your window too big?

Karsten75

Quote from: Imposter on October 06, 2013, 05:04:06 AM
Did I miss something, or are there not hot keys in this one. Quite a few times I'd try to use A or Q like in cw 2 :P
There are hotkeys.  you can customize them to get the CW1/CW2 keys back if you wish. Menu -> Keys.

If you put your request in single thread it's easier to find than in this omnibus thread.