Fan art until the release of the game Of the french Guy

Started by speedkore, September 11, 2013, 03:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedkore

Hello it's the french guy!!!!! every day i look 2-5 times this page: http://knucklecracker.com/blog/index.php/tag/creeper-world-3/

So until the release of the game, i do that:

please, release this game..... i'am waiting since 1 years... and i feel than it may release now or tomorrow and it's going to make me crazy^^

i'am sorry, i know my picture look like toy, but do a faithful pict il 3d of a 2d top view game it's hard... :)

Grauniad

Nice! It looks a lot like some early conceptual work Virgil did. Maybe 2 years ago.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

theogeer

I like the way the blaster bolts glow and light up the ground beneath them.

speedkore

Cavemaniac

Woah!

If that's how cool CW1 looks from ground level, I can't wait to see the French Guy's CW3 artwork!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TrickyDragon

i like it... it seems as if you pulled it from a working 3D sim of CW.... you holding out on us buddy???? <3
This is Life,  Life happens.

JF-T

Hahaa whatever it's from, either from a screenshot of an alpha game build or just a simple modelling and effects program (possibly like blender?) It looks very much like 3D creeper world. Like... pretty much almost exactly ^_^
Nicely done at any rate French Guy!
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

17gamer

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Can't wait to see the explosions from the mortars.

speedkore

No i am so tired about wait of cw3 release so i coded mine....

Joke:-) take all your time Virgil. The wait is a small part of the game :-)

I used cinema 4D, atm i am in my bed and i can t sleep (4h15 am here) but tomorrow i ll add some stuff:-)

I am really happy to read your coms.

Edit:
Quote from: 17gamer on September 11, 2013, 10:16:47 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Can't wait to see the explosions from the mortars.

It's fun cause i am looking for 3hours some tuto for do the explode... I can t find one, but i have some ideas:-)

JH

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

speedkore

Thanks a lot all!!!
V2 is here:

It's read for the video, exept creep.... I have no idea how drive it....

Sorry for the crap quality of the picture, but hasn t enought Time for compiling cause i Need to go.

I ll Add spore, sam and drone tomorrow if i ll have time.

Once again Thanks a lot all

J

Quote from: speedkore on September 12, 2013, 10:40:41 AM
It's read for the video, exept creep.... I have no idea how drive it....
Simulating creeper is pretty hard to start with yes (I have done it before, take a look at waterworld if you need proof (in my signature)).

First: I don't know which language/program you use, but try to find a suitable data structure (which is mostly a 2D array for simulating creeper) and set the value to 0 everywhere. The coords of the cell decide which number from the array should be read (cell x=11 y=16 should read the array from [11,16]). You can now read the amount of creeper for every cell. Using that number you can draw the creeper on the field (higher number->higher creeper, creeper can't be compressed).

In short: Create an array where you store the amount of creeper for each cell.

Creeper flow: First copy the entire array to a new array. From that array you'll put new numbers in the first array. Use a loop to go over each cell (mostly 2 nested for-loops, one for the x-coord, the other for the y-choord) and determine the new value it should get depending on the old values (in the duplicate array/grid) of that cell and the 4 neighbouring cells. Experiment with it and make sure you don't make creeper (dis-)appear out of nothing.

In short: Duplicate values and manipulate main grid.

If eveything works you can start adding different terrain levels. If you need more help please come into chat.

Dark18

Looks great!

But i hope V stays with his 2D Graphic, 3D can be great but some games are just better in 2D

(as an example Zelda: A link to the past, best game in the whole game series..)