Double Down mode?

Started by JF-T, September 05, 2013, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JF-T

I know there most likely will be Double Down for CW3, but will there be?

Also i'm not sure if it'd be possible right away, or even a month after release, but would there be a separate leaderboard for maps done on double down?
I always had the idea that when you unlocked double down, you should have to go through missions again in that mode... kinda like when you unlock nightmare mode in any dead space game, you have to go through it all again in order to paly whichever map you'd like. I'm not sure if that'd be a thing tohugh, this game already has so much to offer, wouldn't be a big deal to have in it to me.

Just a question with some nagging thoughts, I thought I'd ask anyways.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Grauniad

There was no double down on CW2, and currently it is not in the plan for CW3 either. The thinking behind double down has changed somewhat. Most custom maps are hard enough without requiring a double-down component. Computer-generated maps and custom maps make up by far the majority of maps people play and they don't benefit from a feature such as double-down.

If a mapmaker wants, they can write some CRPL and implement a double-down mode for specific maps.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon