Floating island of creeper

Started by Martoon, July 26, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martoon

Based on what I've read, I believe that CRPL can both query and set the height of the terrain and the thickness of the creeper at any grid square, as well as query and set the positions of the various units and structures.  If that is the case, it should be possible to effectively make a moving island with emitters and creeper, that also carries along with it any units or structures.

This could make for some interesting maps with a floating island that orbits, or follows some other path.  Your units would attack it as it passes (or, conversely, your units could be on the island, attacking whatever the island passes).

Michionlion

This sounds like something that would be really cool, although I foresee some problems with weapon targeting...  especially the ones being moved.  But definitely a cool idea!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kingo

If the terrain was in the shape of a troll face... that would be hilarious.