Possible Strategies in CW3

Started by pawel345, July 02, 2013, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

Well I said from the beginning that i'm guessing XD But, you guys who are in beta can ofc tell me that i'm wrong and that it doesn't work. It's just it seems more fun to at least speculate than just sit around while waiting for the game.

Grauniad

Don't misunderstand. It might well be possible. I just want to see it done. It would be awesome.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Mr.H

Quote from: pawel345 on July 08, 2013, 12:32:24 PM
Yes but if you shoot an area with Bertha it instantly opens a spot in creeper if you land a shield and star terraforming the exact moment the Bertha shell hits is seems possible to terraform the land a few layers, possibly enough for the shield to block the creeper form overflowing.
Well... not if you have creeper densities like this one: http://knucklecracker.com/blog/index.php/2013/06/bertha-barrage/. Besides the creeper seems to come back to quickly, the area around it is still dense; so a simple shield and terraformer (edit: terp, silly me) wouldn't hold off.

Edit2: Woops didn't notice the two new comments  :-\
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

pawel345

Too bad, I based my assumption on "The March" video where the shields could hold back quite an amount of creeper. And of course this would not be a strategy for ridiculous amounts of creeper like in "Bertha Barrage" I was more thinking about creeper ~20 lvls deep.

MizInIA

Quote from: pawel345 on July 09, 2013, 12:17:31 PM
Too bad, I based my assumption on "The March" video where the shields could hold back quite an amount of creeper. And of course this would not be a strategy for ridiculous amounts of creeper like in "Bertha Barrage" I was more thinking about creeper ~20 lvls deep.

I like the idea. I think it should/could be possible although timing would have to be precise. however... if you had a freeze AO (hope i got that right) that would allow the bertha shot to take out the creeper and the landing of a shield, guppy and cannon would have more time to clear the hole before creeper starts moving in. We would then see how much creeper the shields can hold back.  :)

Grauniad

Quote from: MizInIA on July 09, 2013, 01:32:04 PM

I like the idea. I think it should/could be possible although timing would have to be precise. however... if you had a freeze AO (hope i got that right) that would allow the bertha shot to take out the creeper and the landing of a shield, guppy and cannon would have more time to clear the hole before creeper starts moving in. We would then see how much creeper the shields can hold back.  :)

This might have a much better chance to be carried off and to succeed. For added embellishment, drop a Conversion AoO and you don't even need to clean up. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

pawel345

Well I guess that AoO get things done almost always XD Too bad they are limited XD Would be nice if somebody CRPL-ed an "Odin Forge" that connected to your network would eat up packets and spawn AoO. But for that we would need CRPL function to connect to players network and somewhere on the blog V commented that he was not sure if he wants to add this.

J

There are other ways to get energy from the player with CRPL. Plant down an unit that does connect with the player network and drain energy from there =)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: MizInIA on July 09, 2013, 01:32:04 PM

You're right about the timing being imperative - and the planing would have to be meticulous.

For best results, have two or more Berthas fully armed and targeted, but on standby if further shots are required after the first one...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Neko187

building sprayers, turning on the AC collection field, and hitting the area with bombers is also a great strategy, because it essentially eliminates the need for AC storage. when you turn "dispatch excess AC" back on, you get a huge supply of ore packets ready to fuel a strong push on the front lines.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Kingo

Then again, it would be better to have a good pile of AC to land units on and provide a creeper buffer whilst placing the shield in place.
If you use up your anticreeper in sprayers, then you can say good-bye to your LZ. At least with a shield you can indefinitely (so long as you have an energy supply via guppies or a landline) hold back the creeper without needing AC. And even then, shields do the same work as the sprayers do, by forcing the AC outwards.
Shields also provide a much larger area of land to land units on.

This is just my assumption from watching people play on the blog videos ;)

Ronini

But what you lose by employing multiple berthas or AC is the elegance of doing it with just the minimum of units (shield, terp, blaster, guppy). But then again I am one of those players that try to beat levels with a minimum of technology (e.g. blasters only).