Artifact question

Started by Kingo, May 10, 2013, 06:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

In the video, Virgil said the artifact containers were disguised so the creeper would not recognize it as technology.
Doesn't the creeper destroy everything in its path? That was the basis for the other games, anyways....
If it was made of fractal alloy, then the civilizations wouldn't have an issue with the creeper.
To me, the explanation of the artifacts just fly in the face of the belief that creeper doesn't destroy everything.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kingo

If civilizations could build crazonium walls, would they have an issue with the creeper?
Well, spores would be an issue. Still...
Also, crazonium walls were not in the story.

weekendgamer

I think that creeper would be able to build up to a height overflowing the crazonium. Makes me wonder, why not make cities out of fractal alloy?
Sorry for the late replies.

TrickyDragon

You have to remember that creeper is alive in a sense. Although it does not act directly, it has the ability to choose what to destroy on contact, ripping stuff apart at a moleculanr level, so basically making something seem like dirt to the creeper so is just washes over it without. Noticing.  Ofc this wouldn't work for civilization, and even if it did, the sheer weight if the creeper would crush any city.  Imagine a world riddled with emmitters,  eventually the gravity of the creeper would crush the planet into a black hole......
This is Life,  Life happens.

Ronini

Another possible explanation: In order for that to work you'd need to completely enclose the city to prevent creeper from detecting it. A fractal alloy hull unfortunately is uninhabitable, besides being far too demanding in resources to be constructed in an adequate size.
I'm sure there are other options to explain it.

Kingo

I'd love to see V's response if he responds :)

allu

Giantstealthdomecity! Based on cw2 it seems that emitters stop emitting if they don't detect anything worth destorying in the planet.

Kingo

I have always wondered why the worlds you land on aren't completely covered in creeper as the emitters have been around....
Must be a coincidence :)

billybob

Remember CW has some take on actual facts and universal laws such as:

Matter can not be destroyed or created only changed. Therefor Emitters can't constantly be Emitting or they will have to be supplied with what ever they use.
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

Kingo

Well, according to the game (CW1), emitters cannot be destroyed by any force in this universe, or else the nullifier would have been invented.
In CW2, it is revealed that the only way to destroy the emitter is to teleport it to another universe, where the laws of physics change so it can be destroyed.
Clearly the emitters do not follow the laws of physics in this universe.

billybob

Quote from: Kingo on May 11, 2013, 11:09:59 PM
Well, according to the game (CW1), emitters cannot be destroyed by any force in this universe, or else the nullifier would have been invented.
In CW2, it is revealed that the only way to destroy the emitter is to teleport it to another universe, where the laws of physics change so it can be destroyed.

I never said the game follows them exactly just some what.
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

Michionlion

Quote from: billybob on May 11, 2013, 11:32:49 PM
Quote from: Kingo on May 11, 2013, 11:09:59 PM

I never said the game follows them exactly just some what.

If you recall the story... emitters move creeper from the 'alternate universe' where the Loki were corrupted into our universe, with the goal of eradicating all universes of life/diversity/form.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

billybob

IF that's true then maybe you can destroy creeper and harness whet ever it is to turn it into something useful and non destructive... in other words in a few millions of years you might be able to "farm" emitters.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

Shrike30

Creeper doesn't seem to eat the ground :)  Maybe they are just mostly buried, and the tiny signal bit sticking up is as large of an object as could be camoflaged to survive direct creeper contact?