What are you looking forward to in CW3?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, April 25, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

to see people happy about the game and love it as much as I do.

CobraKill

To all the amazing maps made by people and how alive the community will be. I hope everyone loves it.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Dark18

Trying to beat nearly impossible maps that are postet here in the forum

Ninja

I'd have to say meeting people who are as excited as me about CW3. Oh, and, I absolutely CAN NOT wait for the Dial Map Device. I can't wait to experiment with that for hours upon hours. :D

JF-T

I'm looking forward to being able to jsut for the heck of it, put a collector in a power zone. Even if it does nothing, i'l still be tickled to do it in the first place.

Other than that... Creeper World 3's Everything.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Achillodene

Seeing what unexpected challenges people think up using CRPL in custom maps
Achillodene

Sailing the creeper somewhere in the galaxy

steelwing

Guppies, the ability to stand up more than one command-and-control point, and terraforming.
I'll play with CRPL, too, certainly, being the geek that I am, but CRPL isn't the main attraction of the game for me.

JonneeG

Other than what has already been said, I am looking forward to morters that take each other's shots into account.
I don't know how many times in CW2 I have 10 Launchers waste so much potential on a small spot of creeper that is slighty denser than the creeper around it

Neko187

I didn't know they did...  :-[
I'm looking forward to the chatter it's going to generate on the forums and such
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

JonneeG

In Aether at 28:00 it looks like the 2 pz morters aim, not at the what is currently the densest creeper, but at what will be the densest creeper (after morter shots). 

Grauniad

Indeed. Mortars in CW3 use predictive targeting. Each mortar takes into account preceding shots fired by other mortars in the same firing cycle.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

17gamer

So they use the same targeting system as the Bertha?

TrickyDragon

No.  Beartha is "dumb" artillery.  It looks at the deepest creeper and if no other bertha is targeting it.l, it will mark the spot for creeper eradication.
This is Life,  Life happens.

Dark18

Quote from: TrickyDragon on August 28, 2013, 01:13:32 PM
No.  Beartha is "dumb" artillery.  It looks at the deepest creeper and if no other bertha is targeting it.l, it will mark the spot for creeper eradication.

well.. when the targeting algorytm looks that no other bertha targets the same spot it's not a dumb artillery...

J

Didn't the mortars and bertha's use the same damage map? At least they 'substract' the damage done from incoming bullets.