What are you looking forward to in CW3?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, April 25, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGMFH

Quote from: Grauniad on May 10, 2013, 03:38:31 PM
Quote from: Batstar on May 10, 2013, 03:18:47 PM
I've been an avid player of both games for a while and this one looks AMAZING.  I'm looking forward to simply Playing it and everything there is about it.  So HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!  (Seriously come on!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you like cake? Would you be willing to accept a raw, half-baked cake instead of waiting until it is fully cooked?
Screw cake, I like brownies, and yes, I like them gooey.

Disclaimer: I do a _lot_ of Alpha and Closed Beta stuff lately.

Ronini

Four Words: Cookie Dough Ice Cream. :)

Molay

Quote from: BGMFH on May 10, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
I've been an avid player of both games for a while and this one looks AMAZING.  I'm looking forward to simply Playing it and everything there is about it.  So HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!  (Seriously come on!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you like cake? Would you be willing to accept a raw, half-baked cake instead of waiting until it is fully cooked?
Screw cake, I like brownies, and yes, I like them gooey.

Disclaimer: I do a _lot_ of Alpha and Closed Beta stuff lately.

Haha, yeah, I feel like I played an awful lot of alpha's and beta's too in the last month^^ Playing a game and see features added to it over time are nothing new, nor shocking, to me either^^

But considering how far the game is, I may as well wait for the full release now. Shouldn't be long. Can't be :)

Kingo

I think most of us would agree with batstar (eh-hemm, we don't have the luxary of playing the beta) in yelling PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ RELEASE IT!
You have to cut the poor guy slack.
In fact, I think the creeper is a very effective weapon... at making people go crazy waiting to buy the game and destroy it :)
The blog videos just keep getting better and better.

Batstar

And In response to the cake question... what we've seen alone in his most recent video's... shows that this cake is far more than half way baked. I am an AVID lover of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.   As far as the game is concerned... I think We're all infected with the "gotta have it now" disease.  Its like Pokemon's "Gotta Catch em All" BS... only in this case its... "GOTTA MURDER THAT CREEPER NOW!"

An Update from Vergil would be wonderful at this point... even just a Guesstimate on the release would be amazing...  We're generally very accepting fans... If you give us a date and miss it a bit we'll forgive you!  We're not gonna form a Lynching mob and come after you over a couple of days.

Kingo

Grauniad

OK, for all of those wanting a half-baked cake, and then conflating that with cookie dough ice cream. Let me have your address, and I'll send you either a half-baked cake or a pint of cookie dough ice cream through the mail. Only one condition. You have to eat it all when it gets there. And you have to post a picture back on this forum of you eating it. If you get sick - that is on you.

As for the next person that mentions release date. A posting ban is in the works.

Virgil said he will ship when he is ready. That is the last and final word on that. I will not have these forum degenerate into mass hysteria screaming for a release of a product Virgil is not ready to release.

I have seen another popular game author hounded by fans wanting early release of his produt. He then made the mistake of promising a date and when he missed it (as is all to easy to do) the fans were so angry that they abused him so much he had to lock down all forms of posting on his blog.

Here we are going to have a civil community, and we are NOT, I repeat NOT going to have anyone posting in any way about the release date, and especially not in caps.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

billybob

Quote from: Grauniad on May 11, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
OK, for all of those wanting a half-baked cake, and then conflating that with cookie dough ice cream. Let me have your address, and I'll send you either a half-baked cake or a pint of cookie dough ice cream through the mail. Only one condition. You have to eat it all when it gets there. And you have to post a picture back on this forum of you eating it. If you get sick - that is on you.

As for the next person that mentions release date. A posting ban is in the works.

Virgil said he will ship when he is ready. That is the last and final word on that. I will not have these forum degenerate into mass hysteria screaming for a release of a product Virgil is not ready to release.

I have seen another popular game author hounded by fans wanting early release of his produt. He then made the mistake of promising a date and when he missed it (as is all to easy to do) the fans were so angry that they abused him so much he had to lock down all forms of posting on his blog.

Here we are going to have a civil community, and we are NOT, I repeat NOT going to have anyone posting in any way about the release date, and especially not in caps.

Is there anyway to say it better?
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

billybob

I am honestly looking forward to the new units, bigger maps, new strats, easier access to PCC, and everything else!
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

Batstar

Wow... Talk about a can of worms.  I was just trying to for a friendly poke... not a full on community rage-athon.   We'll wait for the release like we have been patiently for the last few months.  The only thing I was getting at is we as fans would love some slightly more frequent updates.  Hell even Screenshots would be wonderful.  Virgil doesn't have to take time out of his development process to make videos (Which i understand takes a while, we're fine with that)  But a simple post once a week letting us all know he's alive and ticking and that he kicked over X number of those proverbial coding legos.  To be Completely Honest he's already done more than I ever hoped for with CW3.  It looks amazing already and we're anxious to get to it.  To Virgil directly:  Your doing a wonderful job and have built two amazing games... Keep up the good work and we'll be here when you get it done.

Batstar

MizInIA

So there I was playing CW Evermore this morning and there was this spot in the lower left corner that wasn't covered in creeper. I just kept thinking that would be a perfect spot for a Guppy and a couple blasters.  :)

billybob

Quote from: MizInIA on May 14, 2013, 04:31:19 PM
So there I was playing CW Evermore this morning and there was this spot in the lower left corner that wasn't covered in creeper. I just kept thinking that would be a perfect spot for a Guppy and a couple blasters.  :)

Lets just hope we only have a few more weeks to wait before this becomes a reality!

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

Molay

Quote from: billybob on May 15, 2013, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: MizInIA on May 14, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

Lets just hope we only have a few more weeks to wait before this becomes a reality!

Hoping that for half a year now, won't stop hoping it now :D

And that example with a little patch of land to make a forward base with the guppies... That's exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking forward to, too :) That and a dozen other things that I have to try out for myself!

Neko187

I'm looking forward to what people come up with in CRPL ;D
that and epicly huge maps...
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Imposter

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 25, 2013, 03:21:17 PM
But my time was a few seconds off yours... I could have been quicker I suppose... Took about 5 restarts to position the nullifier where it exploded while being engulfed in creeper. The nice thing is that by the time my CN got to the other side of the map, I had almost 100 stored energy. :)
oooh, so the CN regenerates while flying? In CW1 it had to be landed to generate energy. I suppose it was odin city instead of a CN, but similar.