What are you looking forward to in CW3?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, April 25, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

The Paul

I just finished playing through CW1 with double down turned on, (that second-to-last map was pretty threatening) and it seems to me that Creeper World 1 and Creeper World 2 each possess a certain something (which I can't quite describe) that the other lacks.

From the videos we've seen of Creeper World 3, it feels like its bringing the best of both to the table.

I'm looking forward to bigger maps.  I'm don't normally care much about visuals but the upgrade in CW3 is so big that I think it will really change and improve the feel of the game, so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm looking forward to being able to use terraforming against tricky terrain or to give myself excellent mortar placement.  I'm looking forward to the new units and new enemy/hazard types.  I'm looking forward to that Dial Map Device (I love how it flies in the face of the modern idea that you can't present players with too many options, or they'll become angry and confused).  Considering the custom maps that people managed for CW2, and that CW3 seems to have better support for that kind of thing, I'm definitely looking forward to what people come up with.  I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the story, Creeper World does a better job of conveying the cosmic scope of what's going on that most space/sci-fi games I've played...

...there's a lot to look forward to, basically.

cecel123

i'mso jealous of the beta testers...from what i see in the blog posts,the game is really an amazing piece of game ingenuity! i can't wait to buy it!!
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: cecel123 on April 30, 2013, 10:06:13 PM
i'mso jealous of the beta testers...from what i see in the blog posts,the game is really an amazing piece of game ingenuity! i can't wait to buy it!!

The game really is amazing. The options and scope that Virgil has undertaken for this game is inspiring. Attached a screen shot of an adventure.

snowmaker (JM)

I really like the fact that these boards can be as big or small as you want. This screen shot is one of Madmag's larger boards. His skills are well known in CW1.

Plus for those that like to multi-task, you can setup multiple bases.

Shrike30

cecel123

Gah! The anticipation is killing me! I have been playing CW and CW2 nonstop perfecting my strategies for what i may see in 3! Must play!
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

MadMurphy

I am really looking forward to some very large maps.

Molay

I'm really looking forward to some multitasking maps. Having to set up multiple command nodes at different areas, not being able to interconnect them and still making them thrive on their own. I think multitasking is much more interesting than in the previous titles, since ressources are not shared but there are individual economies for each "base".
Further, I'm looking forward to a timely release!

theogeer

Quote from: Molay on May 08, 2013, 03:46:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to some multitasking maps. Having to set up multiple command nodes at different areas, not being able to interconnect them and still making them thrive on their own. I think multitasking is much more interesting than in the previous titles, since ressources are not shared but there are individual economies for each "base".

I think you could only get this type of separated economy as long as there are no guppies available. The second the guppy tech becomes available you'll be able to start shipping resources from one economy to the next.

Doesn't mean these maps won't exist, but they'll likely have no guppies, which will make them interesting strategically anyway. I love guppies

Does CW3 have impassable walls like CW2?

Molay

Yes, no guppies, or a limited amount of guppies, or guppies with incremental costs (like the tech lab in CW2) if such a thing is possible (and customizable), would make such a map viable. Can't wait for them, and surely will get my own hands dirty making a couple of them^^

IIRC the impassable walls do exist, but I'm not sure in what video I heard it/where I read it. I might be wrong.

Kingo

Guppies and huge maps are the things I have been looking forward to in CW3, besides being able to design custom maps with a very high level of creativity.

MizInIA

The more I watch the videos the more excited I get about the Digitalis and Runners. They seem to be formidable foes. Combine the Digitalis with some strong Creeper Emitters and the AoO will Definitely come in handy.

Batstar

I've been an avid player of both games for a while and this one looks AMAZING.  I'm looking forward to simply Playing it and everything there is about it.  So HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!  (Seriously come on!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grauniad

Quote from: Batstar on May 10, 2013, 03:18:47 PM
I've been an avid player of both games for a while and this one looks AMAZING.  I'm looking forward to simply Playing it and everything there is about it.  So HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!  (Seriously come on!) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you like cake? Would you be willing to accept a raw, half-baked cake instead of waiting until it is fully cooked?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon