What are you looking forward to in CW3?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, April 25, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

Seeing all these awesome screenshots just makes me want CW3 more.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on April 25, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
So you like to turtle.... so do I.  The attached screenshot is a DMD map.  I have developed a liking for ones where there are islands separated by empty space.  There is no threat of really losing your position, but you have to amass enough forces to establish a beachhead in enemy territory.  It also requires heavy use of Guppies... which of all things considered are probably my most favorite new unit.

The DMD is a huge leap - allowing players to simply dial up whatever style of map they're in the mood for.

I'm not a big fan of turtleing (though I do like a good fortress siege with limited resources), but I love island hopping.

Guppies are fantastically versatile and I love using them in a 'civil engineering' role - building remote hilltop bases.

The users are going to create some epic custom maps to take advantage of this feature!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Cavemaniac on April 25, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
Guppies are fantastically versatile and I love using them in a 'civil engineering' role - building remote hilltop bases.

I agree. I think guppies will make a style of play that will be really fun. Just like the screenshots earlier in this thread. Build an economy, build Guppies, then attack the enemy on their ground. That will be awesome.

Quote from: Cavemaniac on April 25, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
The users are going to create some epic custom maps to take advantage of this feature!

Custom maps in general will be epic with all of the scripting options. There are unlimited possibilities.

MizInIA

I am looking forward to annihilating creeper with the Bertha.  :o

TrickyDragon

CW3?  hmmm.. i am most anticipating what the community will bring forth with custom maps....  that is what i desire.  (also the story) ^^
This is Life,  Life happens.

Michionlion

Honestly, (even though the gameplay is nice) what I look forward to the most, is the story.  It's just so awesome!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

theogeer

I'm looking forward to the whole thing. Honestly, there is nothing mentioned that I'm not super excited about.

If I had to pick a few things at the top of my list I'd say the giant maps, guppies, new story. I also think I might wind up making some maps and playing with CRPL

Cavemaniac

My best time on Normandy.

I waaaay over built.

No shields, no AC, left the CN at home and supplied the entire invasion force by air.

More Arnhem than Normandy (well, Arnem if it had worked).

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

4xC

I look forward to an improved UI, inspiration for what kind of art to impose on the maps or just the grund with terps, high-awe Titans, and I expect a good array of orbitals. I also aim to point out whatever can be fixed along the way seeing what kinds of patches have been made for 1 and 2.

Edit:

Might I also add that I look forward to some good plot lore?
C,C,C,C

hoodwink

Quote from: theogeer on April 25, 2013, 06:21:45 PM
I'm looking forward to the whole thing. Honestly, there is nothing mentioned that I'm not super excited about.

If I had to pick a few things at the top of my list I'd say the giant maps, guppies, new story. I also think I might wind up making some maps and playing with CRPL
My thoughts exactly.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

JH

Quote from: Michionlion on April 25, 2013, 06:18:49 PM
Honestly, (even though the gameplay is nice) what I look forward to the most, is the story.  It's just so awesome!

I'm on the story too!
To me, there's nothing better than a good game with an even better story.

I have promised myself to finish the story from CW2 before CW3 comes out, but I just haven't gotten around to do it yet, heh heh  :)

Chawe800

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

BGMFH

Im just looking forward to playing it and being entertained.

koker93

I tend to overbuild - a lot.  I am looking forward to painting units.  Dragging the mouse and building 10 reactors all at once sounds awesome to me.  There are other UI tweaks that look good too.  The Normandy map you guys are posting screenshots of looks awesome, and I think guppies will probably be my new favorite unit in CW3.

ShadowDragon7015

Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.