What are you looking forward to in CW3?

Started by Pyxis_GeeK, April 25, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyxis_GeeK

Hey all. It's been a while since I have been active on the boards. Life happens. With that being said, I have caught up on the blog and the forums. I wanted to ask the community what you look forward to the most in Creeper World 3? Personally, I am looking forward to the Unity game engine. I think it will bring the Creeper world a much needed engine upgrade. From what I can see in the development videos it looks amazing. I am also excited to see the new enemies that will be in store for us. I am all around excited about the game and I anxiously await for the release. So what about y'all? What are you looking forward to in CW3?

knucracker

I'm really looking forward to releasing it :)  That's my number 1.

I've gone overboard on most things in the game, but hopefully it will all come together to enhance the possibilities.  As for Unity, yes you should see a lot more 'game' for the same resource requirements.

CRPL (the scripting language) also opens the doors to some very sophisticated custom maps.  I use it in the story maps, but the jury is out on what the adoption rate will be by map authors.  The CW Nation tends to run smart so I have hopes that some folks will come up with some interesting and compelling things.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: virgilw on April 25, 2013, 11:19:12 AM
The CW Nation tends to run smart so I have hopes that some folks will come up with some interesting and compelling things.

I agree. I think the map makers will make some awesome maps. I will tinker with CRPL some. It just depends on how much time I can devote to the game. Between school and working full time, I don't have much free time. Thanks for your response Virgil. I continue to be amazed with your personal involvement with the community.

Lioncourt

Personally, I am looking forward to using the TERPS (I think that is their name)...  I so much wanna build from the ground up :)
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Hunter Seeker

I also look forward to the release the most.  That aside TERPs allow for interesting "turtle" play-styles.  As an over builder i really look forward to the opportunity to take advantage of it.  I also code some and look forward to getting into the CRPL.  I have a few concepts that I  want to try making custom maps with CRPL.  The maps that can be generated from CRPL that i can imagine are awesome.  The maps i expect to see could easily be beyond that.
Aspire to Inspire

knucracker

So you like to turtle.... so do I.  The attached screenshot is a DMD map.  I have developed a liking for ones where there are islands separated by empty space.  There is no threat of really losing your position, but you have to amass enough forces to establish a beachhead in enemy territory.  It also requires heavy use of Guppies... which of all things considered are probably my most favorite new unit.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on April 25, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
So you like to turtle.... so do I.  The attached screenshot is a DMD map.  I have developed a liking for ones where there are islands separated by empty space.  There is no threat of really losing your position, but you have to amass enough forces to establish a beachhead in enemy territory.  It also requires heavy use of Guppies... which of all things considered are probably my most favorite new unit.

Don't have a screenshot, and it was probably a waste of time (would have been brilliant if we were allowed multiple CNs) but I landed my CN on the enemy shore, build a single nullifier and took out the spore tower.  All-in-all it was probably a waste of time, since I then had to fly the CN back over to safe territory.

knucracker

Might have been worth it... you didn't have to worry about spores after that. And I intentionally limited that map to 1 CN :)

Karsten75

But my time was a few seconds off yours... I could have been quicker I suppose... Took about 5 restarts to position the nullifier where it exploded while being engulfed in creeper. The nice thing is that by the time my CN got to the other side of the map, I had almost 100 stored energy. :)

dhc

I think that the Guppies will open up a lot of tactical possibilities - I'm looking forward to trying to place forces deep into enemy territory and building back toward the front line.  I'm also intrigued by the Aether forges.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: virgilw on April 25, 2013, 02:35:37 PM
So you like to turtle.... so do I.  The attached screenshot is a DMD map.  I have developed a liking for ones where there are islands separated by empty space.  There is no threat of really losing your position, but you have to amass enough forces to establish a beachhead in enemy territory.  It also requires heavy use of Guppies... which of all things considered are probably my most favorite new unit.

That is a really cool map. I like to turtle as well. That will be a fun map to play.

Karsten75

Not taking out the Spore tower made me faster. I guess I can do better still, but this is fine for now...

Edit. F11 doesn't take the controls in the shot.

Here's a screenie from shortly before:

knucracker

I see you did the same thing I did on that tiny little island offshore.  You can land a Guppy there plus one more thing.  I started out with a mortar while I built forces, then switched it out for a relay like you have.

J

I started on the other side of the island... Worst score but I could have done it a lot faster (no overbuilding).
Looking forward to in CW3? CRPL!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 25, 2013, 03:21:17 PM
The nice thing is that by the time my CN got to the other side of the map, I had almost 100 stored energy. :)

I've found that it's usually quicker to return the CN to orbit rather than fly all the way across the map - but like you say, you lose out on the energy that would be generated on the flight...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.