Question for the beta people re: Win 8

Started by BGMFH, March 26, 2013, 01:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGMFH

I just got a Windows8 tablet.  Been playing CW on it.  Have any of the people in the beta tried CW3 with a touchscreen tablet?

edit::: I a word

Grauniad

To my knowledge no Beta tester has Windows 8, or if they do they have not mentioned it. We foresee no issues with the Unity3D runtime on Windows 8, but at the same time, CW3 is not touch-optimized and even if you do have a touchscreen, the typical touch-screen gestures has a larger granularity than is required for the precise unit manipulation in CW3.

It's strictly a mouse-and-keyboard game.

There has been a few intrepid adventurers that ran the flash-based games on tablets with limited success in the user interface area.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TrickyDragon

The game runs fine on my windows 8 PC. I don't have a touchscreeb though
This is Life,  Life happens.

BGMFH

I twitch, (microseizures) and threw my android tablet across the house.  Best Buy gave me $$$ instead of a replacement, and had no full sized android tablets on hand, so I got the Win8  tablet.  Was just curious about the possibility of CW3 on the tablet, since I carry it just about everywhere.

BGMFH

Nope, it is true win 8.  I already knew about the RT thing.  The main question that comes to mind, is there any requirement for right clicking in CW3?

TrickyDragon

right click is currently map scroll, the only other way to scroll your map would be to place your cursor on the edge of the screen or use WASD keys
This is Life,  Life happens.

BGMFH

Molay

Quote from: TrickyDragon on March 26, 2013, 11:18:04 PM
right click is currently map scroll, the only other way to scroll your map would be to place your cursor on the edge of the screen or use WASD keys

Does it combine map scroll and unit deselection? The primary reason I don't like evermore is that I can't deselect units with a right click, which makes it all very fiddly to me.
I guess those two functions can be combined?

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on March 26, 2013, 02:13:58 PM
To my knowledge no Beta tester has Windows 8, or if they do they have not mentioned it. We foresee no issues with the Unity3D runtime on Windows 8, but at the same time, CW3 is not touch-optimized and even if you do have a touchscreen, the typical touch-screen gestures has a larger granularity than is required for the precise unit manipulation in CW3.

It's strictly a mouse-and-keyboard game.

There has been a few intrepid adventurers that ran the flash-based games on tablets with limited success in the user interface area.

I recently got a windows 8 laptop w/ a touchscreen The game works just as fine on the computer with a mouse. but try to use the touchscreen and you are in trouble, its just not set up for a touch screen
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

CobraKill

Techinally speaking it will work, but its not advised. As previosly stated, touchscreens aren't accurate enough for a game like Creeper World.

I have an app on my iPad that has built in flash. I tried to play on it and it was just to finicky and frustrating. Any level thats remotely hard was made ridiculously hard. I ended up just quiting because it was so frustrating.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.