Titan Suggestions

Started by ShadowDragon7015, February 24, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: tornado on September 17, 2013, 01:03:34 PM

easy exploit

If you think it's that easy, bear in mind that map makers also know this. I suggest we hold our fire (criticism, comments) until we see how it turns out in the end. Somehow, having played a few hundred maps already, I doubt it's an "easy exploit."  Virgil did pay some attention to making sure the various components of the game is in balance and that they are not easy exploits. Sure, it may turn out that as more people get to play, we get to see new strategies that no beta-tester has thought of and that leads to "one-trick pony"  strategies, but I doubt it. For one thing, and you'll see this even in the story missions, there are just too much variance built into the enemy components.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Neko187

Quote from: Dark18 on September 19, 2013, 01:28:45 PM
Quote from: tornado on September 19, 2013, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: JonneeG on September 17, 2013, 10:30:36 PM
Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on September 05, 2013, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: JF-T on August 03, 2013, 03:21:19 AM
It would take a very long time to build, but an idea exists you would jsut feed it white packets to keep its process of generation going after ore deposits would be depleted.

The ore deposits don't deplete.

easy exploit

How so?
you get X energy per second in CW1, 2 & 3 .     
In CW3 it seems you would get Y ore per second
It doesn't seem very exploitable (unless energy is exploitable).  Please elaborate if possible.

(personally I almost never used AC in CW2 in fear of depleting the ore deposits and suddenly have my makers stop working)

make a sheild wall with sprayers as well as have a few ore desposet and a reactor farm and your set

you need 3 ore deposits to use 1 sprayer @full power....  so good luck building you "shield wall with sprayers"

It IS possible... just time and score consuming. Build a sprayer, turn the AC collection field on, then set a bomber to bomb the area [this should be far back in your base]. the field is strong enough to hold quite a lot of AC... but it's really just a method of storing it.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

JonneeG

Quote from: tornado on September 19, 2013, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: JonneeG on September 17, 2013, 10:30:36 PM
Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on September 05, 2013, 08:38:20 AM
Quote from: JF-T on August 03, 2013, 03:21:19 AM
It would take a very long time to build, but an idea exists you would jsut feed it white packets to keep its process of generation going after ore deposits would be depleted.

The ore deposits don't deplete.

easy exploit

How so?
you get X energy per second in CW1, 2 & 3 .     
In CW3 it seems you would get Y ore per second
It doesn't seem very exploitable (unless energy is exploitable).  Please elaborate if possible.

(personally I almost never used AC in CW2 in fear of depleting the ore deposits and suddenly have my makers stop working)

make a sheild wall with sprayers as well as have a few ore desposet and a reactor farm and your set

I may be misunderstanding your 'exploit' idea, and without the actual game, it is a little hard to understand what you're saying. In your quote, were you meaning to say... 
A). having one ore mine feeding a lot of sprayers to create a 'wall of sprayers'
or
B). lots of shields (repulsors) and sprayers backing them up
or
C). Repeatedly bombing/ spraying an area/ island to create a huge amount of anticreeper to 'shield' the area

From the blog videos 'A).' is impossible because (as mentioned above) it takes ~3 ore mines to run 1 sprayer
'B).' is a viable strategy, but in my opinion, I would use a morter or a bertha to do the job more effectively.
'C).' does look like a good option with enough AC (see Neko's post), but can only be applied effectively in certain situations. Example below
Spoiler
If AET's and a gigantic void were involved.  If digitalis was making it's way across the void to a flooded island, the anticreeper would be able to flow back on top of the the digitalis and make a landing spot.  This will most likely will be used to create custom maps.
[close]
All in all, considering that other, more experienced people have also seen ore as a currently balanced idea, I will stand by them.  If you can still find an exploit with ore/anticreeper to get yourself high scores on mainstream maps, I commend you, while Virgil may or may not consider modifying the game slightly to rebalance it.  But as most of us know, he's probably working on the game vigorously now, putting finishing touches and whatnot...

Harkler

What about a titan that would take up 4 units of space but could hold 9 units inside it? The titan would have to be placed before the units and would require a constant flow of packets to operate. If it lost the constant flow of packets, all units inside it would be crushed because the titan could not sustain the expanded state.(or the outer four units could remain) After the titan receives power again it would expand the area inside it and once again be usable.

purpleyukari

Quote from: Harkler on September 25, 2013, 08:16:35 PM
What about a titan that would take up 4 units of space but could hold 9 units inside it? The titan would have to be placed before the units and would require a constant flow of packets to operate. If it lost the constant flow of packets, all units inside it would be crushed because the titan could not sustain the expanded state.(or the outer four units could remain) After the titan receives power again it would expand the area inside it and once again be usable.

Um... whats the point of a holder unit in creeper world 2?

Anyways for titans, here are some possibilities:

1. A unit that timestops the surrounding area like the superweapon, however it requires a good amount of continuous power\ and is immobile.
2. A titan unit that requires a lot of energy or ore packets after you build it.  However now it can function as a guppy for that particular resource, you can send it out to deploy its enormous reserves.  Or you can use it as a weapon, it fires shots like a strafer if you gave it energy or anti-creeper if you gave it ore.
3. A giant tower that requires charging it with ore, and uses that to fire anti-creeper shots (targeted at an area) that disperse over a huge area.
4. I WANT MY GUPPY THAT CAN TRANSPORT ENERGY AND ANYTHING.
5. A titan that unleashes bombardment across the whole map.  Overkill?  Nah.

TLMike

How about a titan tower which has a decently sized field which allows Active Fire towers within range to fire while being relocated/moving in the air. Of course the area of effect would have to be somewhat limited, because we don't want the field to be so OP. It would require a significant amount of energy to operate, but nothing so ridiculous. And, of course, the towers (blasters, mortars, and sprayers, etc.) would have to have the ammo/packets needed to fire.

(This could be a distinct unit, or another function of the same unit.) It could even have a storage buffer, much like an immobile Guppy, which would feed towers not connected to the network some ammo packets at the expense of its own energy reserves.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Oh, and its PZ boost would be increased range, and slight firing speed boost for affected towers.