Titan Suggestions

Started by ShadowDragon7015, February 24, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowDragon7015

Just for the fun of it I thought we could have a topic where we can just spout the random suggestions that we have for different Titan units, even if they will not be used. It is just to see some of the fun ideas that people have.

My first idea is this
Titan: Big Blast
It would be a high powered laser that the player could place a line across the map, similar to the attack vectors for the Bombers or Strafers, then the titan would just shoot a high powered beam across that area.
Then the titan would need quite a few packets to power up again and it would have a 'cool down time' of something like 2-3 minutes. then you could use it again.
It would be useful if you have something like a trench that you made that was full of very dense creeper and you wanted to kill a lot at a time.

I look forward to seeing other titan ideas! :)
Also i would like for people to not put down other people's ideas,  this is just for fun, you could also give nice and thoughtful ideas on how they could improve upon their ideas.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Cavemaniac

I'm still holding out for an orbital kinetic weapon.

Something that drops rocks on your choice of creeper.

Ideally something that modifies the landscape - like a Bertha with a sore head, impacting the creeper and topography alike, punching a crater in the ground that thins out the creeper and potentially your front line units too if you're daft enough to call it down close to your front line.

A slow rate of fire is fine (takes time to capture those rocks), as is a small inaccuracy in where it lands.

This could help in so many ways - you could punch holes in the ground to slow creeper advance, you could just punch holes in the creeper, Bertha style, without the long start up delay and massive energy cost.

It may or may not be available on a particular map, the rate of fire may be faster or slower, the size of the impact may vary due to availability of asteroids in the solar system - and the whim of the map author.

Of course, I could simply be describing another function of the 'Orbital' tab - and we still have room for this AND another Titan..!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Kingo

Cavemaniac, that sounds great!
I like the idea of altering the landscape. Could make for some interesting gameplay.

UpperKEES

The Ultimate Orbital Weapon. Why leave orbit anyway? I was just busy having lunch.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

asmussen

I say we just take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
Shawn Asmussen

lurkily

Orbital nullifiers.

EDIT: Nullifier bombers, too.

Karsten75

I want the Titan Mole. You arm it and then it digs under the terrain and comes up under the creeper and blows it all up!

4xC

Conversion Sentry: able to target creeper in an area and/or line and convert all of it into AC.

If not conversion, then:

Beam Sentry: it will have the power to harm enemy structures with a constant beam. Whether creeper in the way gets harmed remains unknown until further discussion.
C,C,C,C

Karsten75

Ninja Creeper Converter:  This unit can cloak itself in a  shield of invisibility. It charges up to a tremendous amount of energy. THen it cloaks itself. Once the shield expires, it then uses all the energy to convert surrounding creeper into anti-creeper. It then sucks up all the anti-creeper and creates a packet bomb that it send into orbit for the orbiting ship to drop on another, random planet.

Cavemaniac

I've been reading Peter F Hamilton.

He frequently uses mixed ordinance in his stories.

In one shootout, the guards had machine guns loaded with kinetic rounds, explosive, neuro-toxin, and electronic warfare rounds etc which were fired in turn, in the hope of defeating whatever amour/shield their target was using.

Now imagine a Titan, mobile, like a PC (but slow, huge and lumbering so it's not a super death-ray), with the fire rate of a PC on a PZ but alternating kinetic (PC), explosive (mortar), AC (sprayer/bomber) and conversion rounds (actually, I really would like to see a return of the Conversion Bomb - it was my favourite CW2 unit!).
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

blank

the Chaser

Built out of destroyed runners and reprogrammed to destroy what it once was. This unit is different than most units because it can move and live on creeper as long as it is can repair it self.

Runners where never designed to live off digitalis but when the humans built the chaser they needed it to work both on and off of digitalis. Unable to overcome the problem totally they slowed down the death of the unit but in doing so the chaser is constantly breaking down (losing health) no matter where it is.

This unit once built will chase after runners and destroy them using the parts of the runners to rebuild itself (restore health). The bigger the runner the the more health is restored (more parts to use). The chaser will loose health if it does not have a steady supply of runners no matter if it is on creeper or not. You can however recall the chaser and connect it back to your network before it dies. If connected to your network it must have a steady supply of AC and/or energy to keep rebuilding itself but be warned it takes a lot to keep this this beast going.

mpete

Landing pad: orbital stuff

Low cost (maybe 50?), sends a guppys-like unit to power whatever the orbital weapon is, can also send up a unit/a few bombs worth of AC to have it fall elsewhere on the map, doing ~2 mortar shells of damage to creeper.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

hoodwink

Tesla Field

Low energy build cost; very high energy use cost; does small damage to all creeper (and maybe AC too) in a medium range at once.
This could be useful when you want to clear a pool suddenly, or when you've got lots of energy but not much space for units.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

koker93

I would like to see the weapons like the dark beam and conversion bomb left out.  They always feel like cheating.

4xC

Quote from: koker93 on February 27, 2013, 06:48:43 PM
I would like to see the weapons like the dark beam and conversion bomb left out.  They always feel like cheating.

Dark beam: I am beginning to agree on.

Conversion Bomb: I cannot see as cheating since their fastest speed is still very slow and their range cannot be upgraded.

Riddle me this: do you consider the bertha cheating since its range is infinite?
C,C,C,C