Anti-Creeper could heal towers

Started by MapMaster, January 01, 2013, 07:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

Besides, Micro-management is not something I think is very heavily specified and required in Indie games. And frankly, if this game did have a healing unit in it, it would have to be an online pure Tower Defense Game like Bloons and the bloons would have to have the ability to harm towers until they are destroyed.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

Quote from: Ronini on March 19, 2013, 08:45:51 AMUnless you'd have a unit that could heal your units while they are being damaged (i.e. in touch with creeper),
Sprayer.

I still don't think this will add much to the game, though.

Ronini

Quote from: lurkily on March 23, 2013, 08:14:41 AM
Quote from: Ronini on March 19, 2013, 08:45:51 AMUnless you'd have a unit that could heal your units while they are being damaged (i.e. in touch with creeper),
Sprayer.

I still don't think this will add much to the game, though.

A Sprayer already does heal your units to some extend, doesn't it? By covering them in AC targeted units wouldn't be touching creeper anymore, would they?

I was about to say that a sprayer isn't what I ment, exactly, but I guess it actually is. Kinda.

By the way> do Sprayers have some form of "target this specific spot only"-function? Although an "target these spots in succession"-function might be even more desirable. Effectivity would be limited by number of targets and rate of fire, naturally.

4xC

That sounds like something that may need to be left to bombers since flyers repeatedly attack the same target or vector without constant manual redeployment like CW1 Drones.

Of course, Now that I think of it, I wonder how it will work if sprayers cannot spray AC when there is no nearby creeper.
C,C,C,C

J

If you want a healing tower, why not ask for a new target priority on the sprayer: 'Target units covered in creeper' or 'Target the tower with the least hp left'

koker93

Just to point something out:

4xC said
QuoteBesides, Micro-management is not something I think is very heavily specified and required in Indie games.

I would disagree, especially in regard to CW1.  Ever bridged a pink wall with a blaster?  5 minutes of game time takes an eternity.  And in CW2 my game is paused almost as much as it is running on a lot of maps, especially while building out reactors and tech domes.

I like the idea of healing towers, but if it gets implemented would rather see it as an upgrade, not a specific tower.