Today's update (question)

Started by Kingo, December 17, 2012, 08:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

Upon looking at today's update, I was pleasantly surprised at first but got really interested upon seeing code.
Does this show you what is happening (in code)? Is it posible to modify the code while working on a map?
Will this result in a drastic change in the quality of the content released? Will it make maps unique and allow modification of the game engine and its functions?
I am very excited at the possibilites this presents and how Virgil has gone all-out on CW3.
Any doubt I had about getting CW3 has vanished :D

Grauniad

There is one unt that is programmable. Only the behavior of that unit and how it created, or interacts with Creeper-based units is part of the programming scope. It can obtain information on friendly units within a range (optionally Line-of-sight) and launch spores (optionally at the units).
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lurkily

On the other hand, keep in mind - to the degree this unit can be programmed, you can use it to MAKE your own modified emitters or spore launchers, with their own special behavior - you can script it to behave like an emitter, then alter it to add your own special behavior.

Chawe800

Another quick question which I'm pretty sure I know the answer. You will contain a guide for a the commands for the CRPL? and also what is the potential of popular commands being suggested and added after strong vote in favor of adding a command after release?
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Kingo

Quote from: Grauniad on December 17, 2012, 08:54:01 PM
There is one unt that is programmable. Only the behavior of that unit and how it created, or interacts with Creeper-based units is part of the programming scope. It can obtain information on friendly units within a range (optionally Line-of-sight) and launch spores (optionally at the units).

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting.
I am pretty sure Virgil is going to add a command book.

lurkily

Virgil stated in the video that CRPL is documented, so you won't have to guess.

Grauniad

A rudimentary primer is already in existence. It will be expanded and added to with the beta experience.

We're already talking about how to create a script repository.

Lastly, all scripts associated with a map will be available in the map editor - just as all other units and fields are available.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon