Question About CW3

Started by GeneralNazrin, December 16, 2012, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralNazrin

hi i have few question...

1)Is the Creeper World 3 release this year or next year?

2)how much is the price?

3)System requirement to play CW3

4)Offline game or need to be Online to play CW3

5)1 key work with 2 computers?

THANKS....

J

1) unknown, but most likely next year
2) unknown
3) unknown
4) can be played offline once installed
5) yes (however, nothing has been said about this)

Grauniad

Quote from: GeneralNazrin on December 16, 2012, 05:24:06 AM
hi i have few question...

1)Is the Creeper World 3 release this year or next year?

2)how much is the price?

3)System requirement to play CW3

4)Offline game or need to be Online to play CW3

5)1 key work with 2 computers?

THANKS....

1. There is no official word on the availability of CW3. However, given the lateness of the year....
2. There is again, no indication of the price. You may use the price range of the previous games for an indication, but even that is not a given.
3. Most current computers will support it - albeit at different speeds. I know Virgil tests with at least 1 very low-end computer. THe limiting factor is the size of the map. If the maps are small, even very old computers will play it. If the maps are large and requires lots of energy, weaponse, etc., then it will be slow on older computers.  BUt at no time is is anything  like the "big" games where it won't run on an older computer.
4. There may be things you need online (maps, galaxies), but the core game will be playable offline.
5. Again, Virgil has not made a statement, but in past games he allowed the same player to install it on as many computers as that player used for personal/household use.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lurkily

V addressed #2 in "Pict of the week:Raise shields!"  His post was #27 as of the posting of this message.

Quote from: VigilWAs always, less than $20. Standard indie pricing basically.

Neko187

judging by the various data Virgil has been collecting and the posts he has made, I can make a reasonable GUESS as to the answers. keep in mind, this is only a guess.
1) almost certainly in the first half of next year. possibly the first quarter.
2) ALTHOUGH he has not talked about this, it will probably be $10 or $15, but it could be $20 based on the effort put into it.
3) Virgil had a poll, seeing how many cores most people had. It was still a vast majority with 1, 2, or 4 cores, so it will not be too bad. it WILL be laggy on ancient computers like my 19GB desktop downstairs, but that's to be expected. most likely, not too much more than CW2 required.
4) Once downloaded, it can be played offline, but some aspects will not work, such as score submission, etc.
5) Yes, assuming he keeps with the current trend.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC