CW3 Suggestions Redux

Started by knucracker, November 01, 2012, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronini

Quote from: Grauniad on April 03, 2013, 12:05:23 PM

Quote from: 4xC on April 03, 2013, 10:43:36 AM
Since CW3 is pretty much on the brink of release, I have to ask how close this thread and all other pre-release topics and threads are to being locked?

Not even close.

I have to ask: Will they even be locked after release?

Grauniad

Responding here has devoted more time to that issue than we've collectively spent on considering this issue. There are more important things to do. :)

We'll decide as and when it becomes necessary.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ShadowDragon7015

Will you be able to put in custom picture backgrounds from JPEGs?
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

4xC

I would imagine so. I mean, how could the CW2 pics have had those backgrounds you never see anywhere else?
C,C,C,C

Kingo

Yestserday while watching an old blog video I thought up an idea.
What if there was an option for weapons to fire faster/do more damage or some other perk but consume more energy?
Kind of like the upgrade you can get from the Aether forge but it is an option you can use if you are fighting against a powerful emitter, or fighting with a few blasters across an ocean of creeper and have energy to spare.

4xC

In that case, what would be the point of having other weapons/titans in the first place?

We don't need too many options even if, as the latest, the CW3 unit database is the most advanced and diverse CW unit database to date.
C,C,C,C

Cotters

might already have been brought up, but

a way to skip the tutorial level in both the game, and the demo/flashy-web-thing.
and maybe with a tinny-inconspicuous button: so new players don't notice it but old players that had there play-record deleted could skip over it.

Michionlion

Quote from: Cotters on May 03, 2013, 10:23:27 PM
might already have been brought up, but

a way to skip the tutorial level in both the game, and the demo/flashy-web-thing.
and maybe with a tinny-inconspicuous button: so new players don't notice it but old players that had there play-record deleted could skip over it.

The problem is, the tutorial is build into the story...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kingo

Quote from: 4xC on April 30, 2013, 08:06:38 AM
In that case, what would be the point of having other weapons/titans in the first place?

We don't need too many options even if, as the latest, the CW3 unit database is the most advanced and diverse CW unit database to date.

Well, titans do a LOT of damage. The bertha, for instance, can be set anywhere on the map and create a huge explosion.
Pulse cannons (this unit in particular is what I was thinking of when I came up with the idea) wipe out creeper in small amounts.
The effect could be like a field, if more pulse cannons are near each other the effect goes up. It would shrink with distance, of course.
Just an idea that would make slog-maps more enjoyable.

tornado

you could try that with cprl
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

MadMurphy

Not sure if this was mentioned and I did a search and couldn't find any posts in the CW3 section.

A double down mode like in the CW1.

theogeer

Quote from: MadMurphy on May 13, 2013, 12:05:15 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned and I did a search and couldn't find any posts in the CW3 section.

Second that. Playing through double-down was a lot of fun for me.

Maybe that can be a later addition if it's not already included. Seems like the perfect opportnity for an expansion pack.

seems like we might be able to write a crpl script for it too.

Kingo

Quote from: tornado on May 13, 2013, 10:25:27 AM
you could try that with cprl

I'm not sure CPRL supports this area, based on what I gathered from the blog posts so far.
So suspenseful!

J

Quote from: theogeer on May 13, 2013, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: MadMurphy on May 13, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

Second that. Playing through double-down was a lot of fun for me.

Maybe that can be a later addition if it's not already included. Seems like the perfect opportnity for an expansion pack.

seems like we might be able to write a crpl script for it too.
You can't use CRPL to manipulate missions. However you can make something that triggers double down in a custom map.

billybob

Why can't you re-create the story map and just change the strength of the emitters and post it as "(place map name here) double down"?
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?