CW 3:what do you think of the map?

Started by ashtoin, September 25, 2012, 11:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrickyDragon

The mapping community is a force to be reckoned with......
This is Life,  Life happens.

4xC

Even more so given the shortage of moderators.
C,C,C,C

Ronini

Quote from: Grauniad on November 09, 2012, 09:47:53 AM
The strength and popularity of the Creeper World franchise is not related to the number of story-line planets, but rather to the community making a much larger number of maps.

True as that may be, I do consider the "original" story missions to be on a different level than any user created map. I cannot really explain it, but they feel special. Along with that comes this bittersweet feeling of regret and disappointment (for want of better terms, these two don't capture it quite. But I believe you know what I mean.) when you're finally through. All Good Things...

lurkily

Campaigns and stories infuse the map with something more.  A sense of purpose and continuity, a sense of building importance that carries from map to map.  There are certain things you just cannot bring to a standalone map.

That said, I'm looking forward to what the community makes available in this new mapping environment.

Chawe800

I feel there should be at least some dialogue on every story map. I love following the story and it really keeps me into the story.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

4xC

I thought there is already dialogue for every story map in the past 2 games. Are there any moments when there is not?

Granted that there are some times in both games where there is much less idalogue than others. I would definitely like to see what would happen if every story map had some detailed, extensive, dynamic, and various (but not ramdom) dialogue. It gives me more of a reason to actually play the story maps again.

In fact, speaking of the storyline mpaps, why is it that the CW2 story map with the Nexus in it is the only CW2 map in existance (including the custom maps) than has both a Nexus and the appropriate music? And why was it the only music heard in the last 2 level when the last level in CW1 had all tracks plus the Nexus track? I still liked it better in CW2 with it being the only track heard.

In fact, in terms of the maps, I think I would like it better if the story maps of CW3 started with a different music track each time. There does not have to be as many tracks as there will be levels for this to do that by the way.
C,C,C,C

Chawe800

Exactly what I mean the progression of story inspired me to actually finish CW2 and replay various CW1 missions.

I really like the idea of some critical maps having it's own separate mission music.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Ronini

I don't know if this belongs here:

I hope the the whole custom map library will also be in game. The whole downloading and then importing could do with some streamlining.

Michionlion

Quote from: Ronini on November 16, 2012, 01:49:37 PM

I hope the the whole custom map library will also be in game. The whole downloading and then importing could do with some streamlining.

have you played CW2?  Because that is what happens...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

koker93

I really cant wait to see what Virgil and his team of map makers has is store for us for storyline maps.  They were a little easy in CW1, and harder in CW 2.  I'm hoping it follows the same progression and they are harder yet in CW3.  Virgil has stated in the past that a LOT of people complain when they cant get past a story map on the first or second try, but hopefully there are a few worldt that hold tech's that are actually difficult to get to.

Thats one of my favorite aspects of the custom maps in the first 2 games.  There are a LOT of maps that are really way too difficult to be in the main storyline.  Those maps that a lot of people would give up on are often my favorites.

Everything looks awesome so far Virgil, so anytime you feel like taking my money I am ready to buy :)

Ronini

Quote from: Michionlion on November 18, 2012, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: Ronini on November 16, 2012, 01:49:37 PM

have you played CW2?  Because that is what happens...

Uhm.. okay. I guess I must have seen 2's "find maps online" button and just inferred that it would redirect me to my browser (like 1 does). Am a bit baffled right now, because before just now I would have sworn that this was what it did when I tried. Never mind, then.
Thanks anyway.