What do you want to do in CW3?

Started by CobraKill, August 17, 2012, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

What do you want to do in CW3?

Custom Map Idea's, just havin fun, playing the story, anything.

Triggers would need to be implemented for this to work fully:

I want to make a Castle map. You start in a small middle castle with creeper approaching from all sides. You're forces to move to the large main left castle. Once your first unit is placed there the countdown starts. After five minutes the emmitors on the right side goes ballistic. It threatens your life. As you push left and reach the middle castle again, they get even stronger. Then when you reach the emmitors they get very strong as an attempt to stop you.

This would a difficult map with you being threatened several times. The CN would have to move to for the map to go right. You would have to go left in the start due to... I don't know what. A wall or a void maybe.

Post what you want to do.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Mr.H

I want to make a space-based map series, space platforms, creeper spaceships, creeper comets/asteroids, spores, creeper 'units'(field-made),the works. Likely including a nice lore-friendly storyline, which I won't be able to develop until I complete the game :P . I want to make maps that give you surprises far into the map, which don't act as they seem to at first glance. To do this I'll need triggers and a bunch of other features though; I'll also need to hope I'll have enough free time.

Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

cooltv27

so you have completed your base huh? you have taken out all emitters are spore towers huh? so you werent expecting several emitters to appear all over the map huh? GOOD!
emitters will appear when you are almost done, be ready
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

hoodwink

I will certainly make my own mini campaign (out of custom maps) that tells a story. It will agree with the lore, will probably be quite easy to beat (I'm not a skilled player, so to complete it myself it will be easy) and will probably consist of 10-15 maps. Might even be as big as the main storyline. :D
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

lurkily

I want to make a map out of a series of several isolated platforms, intersecting main platforms. Building guppies is disallowed, and some guppies, that the players cannot issue orders to, will already have routes laid out for the player to connect via network fragments.

This will give the map a 'circulatory system,' where all resources flow only one direction, in a full circle, and in order for the player to continue to supply himself, he must maintain the full circle.

J

I want to find out what kind of triggers you can use and create hard puzzle maps with it. Something like I did/do with CW2.

MadMag

I want to make kickass nice and fun to play maps, like in CW1 just a little better and nicer :)

iycgtptyarvg

CW1: maps had to be small
CW2: maps could be large, but scrolling was terrible
CW3: large maps which are easy to navigate.

I like the idea of CW1 with better graphics and larger maps. (hopefully also better performing, as CW1 has slowdowns that make the game no fun to play after a while).

So, I want to play a huge map that takes hours to complete. Not because the creeper is too strong, but because it's a large and tactically difficult map. Did I mention the option to save the game?

teknotiss

being able to tie fields and emitters together with triggers would be cool, so one field can be killed with an emitter only for others to activate, changing the way the map plays. also more field effects, i would like fixed point and moving point rotating fields of variable sizes as a preprogrammed option (cos i've never been able to get a satisfactory one working myself).
also being able to make HUGE maps would be cool, although moderating them might be unpopular  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

4xC

I for one want to live up to the strategic potential of CW3 to the max. And I aim to make the best of the new units, storyline, and prove my dedication to the series even more. I am so crazed about games like the Creeper World Series, this will accurately how I feel about it inside:  :-*, even though this is what I physically look like on the outside:  8)

I think I also want to rise up to all challenges CW3 will have to offer. I oftenlove challenging myself, but it is easier to do when I don't have to set my own guindlines alone. That is what I trust the makers of CW3 to do.
C,C,C,C

J

@4xC You can edit your posts using the modify button so you don't have to double post

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on August 26, 2012, 08:32:23 AM
I liked the scrolling of CW2 more than CW3, in CW3 you navigate to 4 direction meaning you don't see what's happening on the other side of the map, but that's only in huge maps.

lurkily

Quote from: J on September 13, 2012, 01:54:56 AM
@4xC You can edit your posts using the modify button so you don't have to double post

I liked the scrolling of CW2 more than CW3, in CW3 you navigate to 4 direction meaning you don't see what's happening on the other side of the map, but that's only in huge maps.
CW2 scroll was easy - mousewheel FTW. 

As for CW3, I generally just scroll out, then shift the mouse to my area of interest and scroll in again.

I rarely if ever use the WASD keys - I just zoom out and in with the mousewheel to reposition my screen.

4xC

Quote from: J on September 13, 2012, 01:54:56 AM

I know my posts don't HAVE to be doubled up, but most of the others look rather short and concise and I would not want to disrespect that trend.

Besides, I understand titles of posters are determined by the number of posts they submit.

The CW2 scrolling thing was helpful, but sometimes the info bar would get in the way of the top of the map and constantly having to press I to make it dissapear can be a pain. The top may not always be needed for open access, but sometimes the terrain would extend to the highest possible, items could be there, and enemies may also be there. I would like for the info and screen buttons to be off the gameplay map.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

Double posts are more bothersome than long posts, in most people's opinion.  Also, you may gain forum titles for post spam, but I don't think you'll gain the love of your fellow forum members.
Quote from: 4xC on September 13, 2012, 07:29:08 AM
The CW2 scrolling thing was helpful, but sometimes the info bar would get in the way of the top of the map and constantly having to press I to make it dissapear can be a pain. The top may not always be needed for open access, but sometimes the terrain would extend to the highest possible, items could be there, and enemies may also be there. I would like for the info and screen buttons to be off the gameplay map.
In cases of bad map design, the info bar was problematic, yes, but I don't think that was a scrolling issue.  The info bar shouldn't be a problem in CW3, judging by what's been released.

Nemoricus

4xC, understand that double posting, if not outright against the board's spamming policy, is considered to be very poor practice, and especially so if the only reason for it is to inflate one's post count. Remember, quality posts are more indicative of one's ability than the number of one's posts.