Release Date???

Started by Daniel.Drache, August 12, 2012, 03:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel.Drache

Is there a release date?
Or even a vague estimation?

J

Quote from: Daniel.Drache on August 12, 2012, 03:00:30 AMIs there a release date?
There is no set release date (yet).
Quote from: Daniel.Drache on August 12, 2012, 03:00:30 AMOr even a vague estimation?
Over a few months (I guess 3 to 5 months).

Nemoricus

Virgil's goal is to have it released by the end of the year, but there is no release date as of yet. However, rest assured that it will be released when Virgil is satisfied that he is releasing the best product he can.

hoodwink

Quote from: Nemoricus on August 12, 2012, 07:40:05 AM
Virgil's goal is to have it released by the end of the year, but there is no release date as of yet. However, rest assured that it will be released when Virgil is satisfied that he is releasing the best product he can.

When will the beta testing start and end then, as to test the game thoroughly?
Will there be an open beta?
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Nemoricus

The answers are, respectively, 'Hopefully soon', 'When the game's ready for release', and 'No'.

hoodwink

Quote from: Nemoricus on August 12, 2012, 01:51:45 PM
The answers are, respectively, 'Hopefully soon', 'When the game's ready for release', and 'No'.
That's all fine by me then.
I'll be perfectly happy if the full game releases when people are saying it might.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

theogeer

when that "Hopefully soon" beta testing starts, pretty pretty please include me! I'll even pre-purchase the game. :D

Michionlion

beta people are chosen from people who are active on the forum...  I don't think i'm allowed to say more. :)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Quote from: Michionlion on September 07, 2012, 05:44:09 PM
beta people are chosen from people who are active on the forum...  I don't think i'm allowed to say more. :)
Were you even allowed to say that much? :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

Define how active a forum poster needs to be in order to earn the right to the beta simulations. I know it's too much to ask, but it is rather interesting that there is no half-credit awarded for those who comment on the blogs the most frequently or something like that.
C,C,C,C

CobraKill

It's not a really a "right"

Virgil usually picks the beta's. Currently we have a pretty good amount. Most of the betas have been here for a year or more. Some of us go into beta after gettin into MapMod, like me. Some were voted in and Virgil also picked some.

So there's not really a definite way or criteria that need to be met to a beta. You just have to contribute to the community.

P.S. Instead of posting more then once in a row. Just edit your post. :)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Grauniad

Quote from: 4xC on September 12, 2012, 10:48:07 PM
Define how active a forum poster needs to be in order to earn the right to the beta simulations. I know it's too much to ask, but it is rather interesting that there is no half-credit awarded for those who comment on the blogs the most frequently or something like that.

Quality over quantity is a good first qualification criterion.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nemoricus

Grauniad has it right: The more useful and insightful your posts on the game are, the better a chance you have for being chosen for the beta group. Enthusiasm is a good thing to have, but Virgil needs people who can provide him with quality feedback in his beta group, so focus on that first.

4xC

To everyone who sent those replies since my last post on this thread: thanks, I'll buckle down on that quality over quantity. And just to be clear, if posts are under the same subject but have a different subtopic, should it still be editted into the original post if it is the only way to avoid posting twice or more in a row?

Anyways, for those older people who are struggling to be patient for the release of CW3 and in college like me, I suggest you focus on balancing your activity with KC and your studies and it should go by a lot faster for you like it is me. Believe it or not, the simpler somethings are, the harder of a time I have with them and vice versa with hard things being easy for me. That is what made Chemistry and Pre-Calculus my favorite subjects back in High School. It also helped me zip through time to later happenings like the future release of CW3.

To get a better understanding of certain things I focus on in the quality department, I can post a link to my personal blog site that I was required to manage in the last semester of my High School career that has (to be honest) been left in idle ever since I graduated months ago. It may make it easier for people to know who I am really, but at this point, I am a lot more comfortable with online communication and connection with people on the web than I was in lifetime past starting now.
C,C,C,C

Duomaxwel

Is there a chance of a beta buy situation? The way Minecraft and Kerbal Space Progam has done?