Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

I was thinking of a Titan I call the "AC Beetle". It loads up with AC, crawls to its destination, and shoots it right in front where told to. Or it can burst it all at once (maybe taking out the beetle too in the process). When empty, it returns to its "Nest". A possibly limited number of beetles would be afiliated with each nest. Maybe instead of the creeper, the good side could use the worm I once submitted here; perhaps it could only surface and dispearse AC near the emitters.
C,C,C,C

inspiratieloos

Quote from: Shrike30 on October 22, 2012, 06:16:06 PM

Space Elevator
Why not allow the space elevator to put anything in a drop pod? Dropping a number of PCs or mortars also seems useful, especially in a map where you don't have a lot of space, but need a large assault force to get anywhere.

Chawe800

Elaborating on the drop pod idea

How about being able to drop in the mortar bombs what were used in CW1 custom maps.

Possibly shooting Mortar shots in a random area inside a highlighted circle.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

lurkily

Quote from: inspiratieloos on October 25, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

Space Elevator
Why not allow the space elevator to put anything in a drop pod? Dropping a number of PCs or mortars also seems useful, especially in a map where you don't have a lot of space, but need a large assault force to get anywhere.
You can already move PC's and mortars to any location, and AC via bombers . . . what do you intend to drob via drop pods that you can't just order to move there?

EDIT: Or bomb/guppy there?

Chawe800

Oh I've got it. So you make it across the map to the final emitter. As this nullifier finishes it's zapping the emitter bursts with  extra creeper and continues to emit more creeper.

This would push back some of your progress forcing you to stake a position futhuer back.

This would also require you to construct defenses at a new choke point
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

lurkily

So a one-time burst when you nullify an emitter?

What stops you from pulling your defenses back to a safer area, then pushing ahead?  With the emitter gone, you only have to endure a momentary threat  to press on.

Not saying it can't work . . . just trying to explore what you're envisioning a little more.

Shrike30

Quote from: lurkily on October 25, 2012, 04:26:28 PM
You can already move PC's and mortars to any location, and AC via bombers . . . what do you intend to drob via drop pods that you can't just order to move there?
The Bertha is already basically a huge Mortar.  The Space Elevator (transporting AC) would basically be a huge Bomber.  Titans don't need to do something vastly different in order to be useful or interesting.

lurkily

Quote from: Shrike30 on October 26, 2012, 03:29:09 AM
Quote from: lurkily on October 25, 2012, 04:26:28 PM
The Bertha is already basically a huge Mortar.  The Space Elevator (transporting AC) would basically be a huge Bomber.  Titans don't need to do something vastly different in order to be useful or interesting.
So you're talking about only munitions, not resources or units.  I was responding in part to this:
Quote from: inspiratieloos on October 25, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

Space Elevator

Chawe800

Quote from: lurkily on October 25, 2012, 08:48:51 PM

What stops you from pulling your defenses back to a safer area, then pushing ahead?  With the emitter gone, you only have to endure a momentary threat  to press on.

Not saying it can't work . . . just trying to explore what you're envisioning a little more.

I talking about how the Emitter would now emit more creeper (and maybe start emitting digitalis that'd be cool)

That would eliminate some of your progress too (it might be able to cause a large phantom burst as well)

I just think there's a lot of stuff that'd be cool to work with this.

4xC

Regarding the space elevator, if there is going to be any mass unit or AC transport involved, perhaps we should call the unit that handles it the "Stargate". Maybe the Mothership would have a stargate built into it as an orbital and there would be pre-placed stargates strategically left behind by ancient constructors. This talk about the elevator and large forces getting anywhere reminded me of the show series "Stargate Universe".

I also newly hypothesize that the AC Bettle I concocted on my last post on this thread could only be set so it can travel only through the SG. Maybe even the Mothership should be made so that it has an AI, or self-awareness that the "Stargate Universe" ship "Destiny" had. Also, consider the fact that the show series "Farscape" had a living ship called "Moya".

And about digitalis, perhaps there should be a creeper structure I currently would call the "Digitalis Network" that runs it because of the "digital" aspect of it. The "Network" part of the name comes from the "Starcraft II" game's "Nydus Network" Zerg structure which spawned Nydus Worms that allowed Zerg to go from point A to Point B literally regardless of distance and terrain.
C,C,C,C

Mr.H

Another run through 2 pages of posts :P

The space elevator sounds intresting, but the cross-mission benefits nullify the game in my opinion. Perhaps if it only gave an advantage at that moment, and allowed you to receive an extra supply of packets as though you have another command centre. It would be easikly destructible, tall thing, creeper gets it. So if it got hit by creeper it could 'fall' and cause some sort of epic explosion(making defence of it vital, and balancing the extra packets out nicely). The benefit of it allows you to boost your resource network, cut down travel times(network increase), and have 'one more command centre' that is immobile. It's up to virgil whether it could have some other intresting features... perhaps allowing cheaper flight.

AC Beetle, bit like a conversion bomb without the conversion.  Love it :) . It should definetly be susceptible to creeper damage though, otherwise I could load ten of them and own the creeper.

Last-punch emitters would make maps a little less bland. Perhaps is the more emitters you have destroyed the higher the last punch since the rift, of the other forces pools together to support the remaining emitters. Currently CW3 does look a tad bit easy(ofcourse great map makers can make it hard... but still).

It is plagirism to derive titles from Starcraft II, don't do it.

Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

lurkily

Quote from: Chawe800 on October 26, 2012, 10:07:26 AM
Quote from: lurkily on October 25, 2012, 08:48:51 PM

I talking about how the Emitter would now emit more creeper (and maybe start emitting digitalis that'd be cool)

That would eliminate some of your progress too (it might be able to cause a large phantom burst as well)

I just think there's a lot of stuff that'd be cool to work with this.
No not actually nullified, and taking more than one nullifier hit to nullify.  I can't actually find the post you were replying to, which is part of the reason I'm a little confused.  Though admittedly, I wasn't looking too hard.

Chawe800

I just think there would be a lot of cool options to work with if we had emitters that will increase power under various circumstances besides a doom timer. Like if you pass a specific point an emitter increases it's power.

Another cool potential (that most likely won't appear in CW3)

What about creating Cinematics I.E. somethings lastly 40 seconds happen before you have any control (very similar to Starcraft Cinematics)

lurkily

Quote from: Chawe800 on October 26, 2012, 02:45:36 PM
I just think there would be a lot of cool options to work with if we had emitters that will increase power under various circumstances besides a doom timer. Like if you pass a specific point an emitter increases it's power.
Rather have something like comprehensive map triggers, so a mapper would be fully capable of scripting complex events in a level, rather than just emitter-tied stuff.

4xC

Quote from: Mr.H on October 26, 2012, 11:32:28 AM
It is plagirism to derive titles from Starcraft II

And who ever said it was plagerism? Do you know that for one thing, there is the stargate of "Stargate Universe" and a stargate completely different from it in the Starcraft series? So how come neither the SGU makers nor Blizzard were accused of plagerism? I did not plagerize the title at all. It was just how I got the idea for a "digitales network" tower/antenna/some other structure type. If I did plagerize by doing that, then SGU or Starcraft is and illegal product.
C,C,C,C