Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkily

Quote from: Mr.H on October 20, 2012, 04:09:07 PM
Can we put the relay discussion at rest at long last, please  ???
Fog of war may not go well with some folks, that's why it should be a custom map feature. Opens up new types of mysterious play anyway.

yeah, I'm familiar with FOW mechanics, just for CW . . . Meh.  I could deal, but I don't predict that it'd add anything for me.

Shrike30

Sure, we can drop the relay thing.  :)  I think it's about as fleshed out/explained as it's really going to get, anyway.

I'm not sure I really dig the idea of Fog of War, either.  The CW1/CW3 viewpoint has always been (in my head, at least) from a satellite over the battlefield.  Implementing a tower or creeper variant that can mask what's beneath it's area of effect/covered with the creeper variant (sneeker?) might be a way of introducing FoW to parts of a map, without having it become something people have to turn on/off.  CW2's "hidden creeper" (the stuff buried in terrain) was an example of at least some element of misdirection on the part of the creeper.

Chawe800

I like the idea of fog of war in custom maps I just think it'd be cool to have the option of completling the campaign with it on  as a pointless bonus :P
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Mr.H

So fog of war = Can be disabled, and is a custom map bonus feature. It's just for an added challenge.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Shrike30

I've been thinking some about it, and I'd actually like to see a return of the Maker.  Bombers are well and good for delivery of AC to a remote target, but they're messy.  A Maker would be usable for more precision, continuous delivery of AC, useful for filling a moat or pool, or setting up something like a waterfall of anticreeper.  It might be helpful to have it spray a very short distance, rather than produce all around the Maker, so that you could set it up on top of a wall and fill the area below.

RedVenom

i want changeable creeper color like the custommaps in cw2 but for every player maybe in option screen
as good as creeper world is i like to get rid of that blue

edit:
an option to flatten the land could be handy
you select an area and the complete area will be set to that level that has least modifications for the terp

Chawe800

Quote from: Mr.H on October 21, 2012, 03:27:04 AM
So fog of war = Can be disabled, and is a custom map bonus feature. It's just for an added challenge.

Exactly Mr. H

I think most all of us agree we'd like another Anti Creeper weapon.

Possibly a Titan?
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Shrike30

Some AC idea spam?  Trying for quantity, not quality, here.

AC shells for the Bertha?
AC thrower (like a flamethrower)?

Command Nodes exude AC (if they have any in storage) when they get hit by creeper, as a self-defense mechanism?

Anti-Creeper Gunship (a Titan), carries a massive payload of AC, can be moved around the map like the Thor, can be turned on/off and when on, pours out AC like a CW2 Maker?

Processor Nodes: Rather than harvesting ore and sending it back to the Command Node, a Processor Node turns the ore into AC as it's harvested (and promptly pumps it out onto the ground)

Containment Shields: This is a shield with a slightly larger radius that presses creeper and AC inwards at it's perimeter, and also emits anticreeper.  Could be used to create a very large AC "bubble" which would then be released by deactivating the shield, or positioned to cover a creeper emitter where it's rate of AC production would (hopefully) overwhelm the emitter's creeper production.  Containment Shields would draw both energy and Anticreeper from a network.

4xC

Or an orbital can drop a large container of AC directly on an emitter every so often. Maybe make it a hidden, super weapon of the Mother Ship. I figure the Mother Ship NEEDS some kind of super weapon or hidden power in it that could maybe be revealed at the end of the campaign, or just allow it at the end. Just try and do something totally kick-butt with the Mother Ship. It has to do more than just take everyone everywhere.

And who's to say there may not be humans any longer? After seeing the Digitalis clip, I think we should just continue the human's timeline. I for one would love to see a continued, official story for the CW2 characters. Maybe even just continue with Abraxis senior's story as he was in every game unlike everyone else.
C,C,C,C

Mr.H

Containment shields and the reintroduction of makers sounds very intresting to me. Flamethrowers... short range but devestating, perfect for gaining footholds.

Also I was thinking of a nice titan that fires anti-creeper pods across the map, in massive waves that the, like tons of little blobs that spread out.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Chawe800

Let's see what Virgil thinks about an AC titan weapon. With the introduction of something like the maker or containment shield we'd need some way to push that AC straight into the Creeper.

Ooh you could use another shield behind it for that. Maybe set it to only push AC as to not waste energy

I am also very curious on how AC would work against Digitalis. Would it weaken the Digitalis.

Also I kinda want some more elaboration on how the Digitalis works. (please Virgil?)

4xC

And I don't really see the creeper side's benefit from digitalis. What makes it useful and unique at the same time about it?
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

DIgitalis is still in the experimental phase. It would be pointless to discuss much of it at this point in time.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

Quote from: Grauniad on October 22, 2012, 06:06:13 PM
DIgitalis is still in the experimental phase. It would be pointless to discuss much of it at this point in time.

Fair enough. Although I doubt the rest of the community will keep quiet about digitalis. This is a completely new concept for CW3 in that it is a new enemy utilized by the creeper forces.

What really could use some more play is the expansion of titan opitions (not just berthas alone) and AC activity (so that bombers are not the only things that utilize it). And to think of how far in development CW3 appears to be.
C,C,C,C

Shrike30

I'd be curious to know what the goal of the experimentation with Digitalis is, however.  It seems to currently serve the role of letting thin coatings of Creeper expand out over territory they might not otherwise be capable of covering due to evaporation and making those thin coatings of creeper a little harder to kill.  Maybe it will allow creeper to travel up hills, across large fields, through shields, or "upwind" (see, "Creeper in the Wind" video) similar to how tallow travels up the wick of a candle against the force of gravity to feed a flame?  Thin 10-height walls may protect us against a pool of creeper, but if that wall becomes overgrown with Digitalis, the Creeper might flow right over it, making me wonder if we'll see specific anti-Digitalis weapons soon.

re: AC superweapon.  There's the question of how, exactly, the Mother Ship ended up with a bunch of AC on it in the first place for that superweapon.  Hm...

Space Elevator: This Titan structure forms a physical bridge into orbit above the planet, allowing for Anti-Creeper to be shipped up to the Mother Ship for later dispersal via Drop Pod.  After the initial massive energy cost to construct, the Space Elevator would consume Anti-Creeper to "charge" a pod in orbit, which could be dropped onto the battlefield at any location after a short deorbiting delay.  Once dropped from orbit, the pod slams through any creeper present and shatters at ground level, releasing a massive amount of anticreeper upon impact.  While limited compared to bombers by being unable to drop a "line" of AC and in having the AC delivered in a single large burst rather than over time, the fact that the delivery of AC occurs at ground level (instead of "on top" of existing piles of creeper) would allow for very rapid dispersal of existing piles of creeper, and in the suppression of creeper emitters while ground forces come into place to destroy the emitter.