Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry4n11

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but I think it would be a good idea if strafers had the option to repeat their last order. (i.e. they automatically take off as soon as they finish refueling, without having to click on them)

Mr.H

It has been suggested, nonetheless it is a small yet very handy feature virgil could add.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

J

Quote from: Shrike30 on October 06, 2012, 04:03:17 PM
I'd think just saying Stop (remove their destination waypoint) or Disarm (fill with cargo but do not send out) should cover that, so it could be built into existing functionality.
You mean for guppy's? It's already possible to remove their destination waypoint (including take-off back to base) by just changing their destination to their base.

Shrike30

That works for one guppy at a time, but if you've got a flight of a half dozen or so you're trying to shut down, I'd think hitting Stop would be faster.  It's not adding "new" functionality, just changing how you go about using the existing functionality.

lurkily

Keep in mind that he game is in alpha - not even at the stage where fundamentals are expected to be complete, it's not surprising to see some things missing.

Disarm is a constant for almost every unit in CW1/2.  I'm sure it will not be neglected in CW3.

Chawe800

Quote from: Shrike30 on October 08, 2012, 10:32:59 PM
That works for one guppy at a time, but if you've got a flight of a half dozen or so you're trying to shut down, I'd think hitting Stop would be faster.  It's not adding "new" functionality, just changing how you go about using the existing functionality.

If you really need to create a lot of commands at once there's always the pause key.

I never really used it I always liked to feel saving myself was partially from acting fast and efficient. Probably not going to pause in CW3 (unless on insane maps like UpperKEES pinball map)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Mr.H

I pause a lot, less stress; it is after-all a game for relaxation :P
In regards to guppies it would be cool if you could make them go to more than one destination, e.g. guppy 1 travels from home point A to point B- deposits half of load, then travels to point C and deposits the rest, after which it returns back to Point A 
Stop reading IT!

lurkily

Quote from: Mr.H on October 09, 2012, 04:13:41 PM
I pause a lot, less stress; it is after-all a game for relaxation :P
In regards to guppies it would be cool if you could make them go to more than one destination, e.g. guppy 1 travels from home point A to point B- deposits half of load, then travels to point C and deposits the rest, after which it returns back to Point A 
Pretty sure V's expressed on the blog (referring to AEZ's at the time) that he didn't want to create a need for implementing waypoints.

You can always create two guppies at the source, or put a guppy pad at point A that carries to point B.

Shrike30

At no point do I mean to imply something will be neglected, but this IS a suggestions topic, no? :)  At worst (and as has happened a few times already) something that's suggested is already in, it's just that those of us who are literally trying to pick minutiae out of the weeklyish videos can't tell those suggestions are already implemented.

CW1/2 have been my downtime games for a couple of years at this point.  I'm looking forwards to CW3, and there's few other locations to express my enthusiasm :)

4xC

Regarding Guppies: Come to think of it, those commands like text boxes and slide bars really don't have a place in CW3 after all considering that fast-paced-ish games don't comply with slow-paced commands like those.
C,C,C,C

Mr.H

Stop reading IT!

lurkily

Quote from: 4xC on October 10, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
Regarding Guppies: Come to think of it, those commands like text boxes and slide bars really don't have a place in CW3 after all considering that fast-paced-ish games don't comply with slow-paced commands like those.
a large part of our market is the hardcore player, who plays for score and efficiency.  This type of player is probably most interested in a manual dispatch.

The other market - perhaps larger, even - is the casual market, who would benefit from the option to make some game options friendlier and more automated.

Chawe800

I always felt the puase button did wonders to the casual market. This really slowed down he game's pressure while making it feel fun.

The slider would work when you're paused (maybe if you're being really specific in your time) Having the slider scale by 10% would make it work better too.
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

Toboe

Inspired by comment #12 on Big-Bertha Video

Make it possible to group together Berthas (and whatever weapons this is applicable) to "firing groups"
In the Firing group one Bertha (or whatever the group consists of) is the leader (default: the first selected unit, a new leader can be selected manually)
Within that group you can set Targeting and Timing
Targeting:

• as leader (obviously can only be set for the not-leader)
  • auto targeting (automatic targeting at the densest creeper, as shown in video)
  • manual targeting

Timing

• Fire at will (Bertha shoots whenever it has enough ammo)
  • salve (all members shoot at the same time)
  • continaual (if there is 2 Berthas in the group, the leader fires, and when leader is half re-supplied, the second Bertha is fired. If it is 3 Berthas the second Bertha fires ones the first (leader) Bertha is resupplied 1/3, the third fires ones the first (leader) is 2/3 resupplied

lurkily

Timing is better described as salvo-fire, I think.

Targeting can group those berthas on various networks into salvo-fire groups without player attention, I think.