Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkily

Quote from: Chawe800 on October 29, 2012, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: 4xC on October 29, 2012, 03:05:08 PMI second the limited amount motion and slowness would compensate for the potential power of the unit. Maybe something on the good unit side needs to have a space bridge builder.
I'm pretty sure terps should be able to do that.

(can anyone confirm or deny this?)
Terps cannot bridge void.

Personally, relays on power zones seem like good space bridges to me.

Chawe800

I'd like to eloborate more on the concept of Digitalis made structures.

I few more concepts would be as follows:

Digitalis Refinery
Spoiler
This small Digitalis made station strengthens the Digitalis that travel through it making it a smart target for Strafers and bombers to cut off to reduce the strength of the growing Digitalis. The longer the Refinery stands the more Digitalis grow on it, the stronger it gets.
[close]

Digitalis Anti-Air Cannon
Spoiler
This Digitalis weapon has a small range and it shoots creeper at strafers and bombers that come into it's range. It has an ammo supply that transfers through the Digitalis network. The strafer could absorb like 4 hits before getting destroyed and the bomber something like 6. This could work like a Digitalis air prevention field but with the ability to destroy strafers that attempt to cut off Digitalis.
[close]

Digitalis Mortar
Spoiler
This works very similarly to the Normal mortar the humans have. It has a large reload time and it fires a cluster bomb of Digitalis and/or Creeper at a pre-designated area. (SImilar to Bertha auto-target).
[close]

Digitalis Bridge
Spoiler
This could be a way for Creeper to spread to different asteriods and across valleys better. This is a small bridge-like thing consturcted out of Digitalis where Creeper can travel across. The longer the bridge exists the stronger it becomes and the more creeper it ferries across it. (I just felt Digitalis should be able to carry creeper across seperate asteriods)
[close]

A lot of these Digitalis weapons are very similar to the weapons the humans have and that could be incorperated into the story. (Spell check is broken  :'()
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

4xC

Between all of those ideas and what is currently going on with digitalis, I can almost see CW3 coming out after the 2012 ending.
C,C,C,C

lurkily

I don't really like the idea of industrializing Digitalis.  I'd prefer to see more growing, organic, plantlike behavior.  Industrializing it takes CW away from its roots where you face nonsentient forces of nature.

Not to say there shouldn't be distinct units that utilize the digitalis for various things, or require it to function, but I'd prefer digitalis to be more like a tree that termites and beehives (discrete units that threaten the player) make their home in and defend, rather than an intelligent, directed foe that hates you and wants to destroy you.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: lurkily on October 30, 2012, 01:10:50 PM
I don't really like the idea of industrializing Digitalis.  I'd prefer to see more growing, organic, plantlike behavior.  Industrializing it takes CW away from its roots where you face nonsentient forces of nature.

Not to say there shouldn't be distinct units that utilize the digitalis for various things, or require it to function, but I'd prefer digitalis to be more like a tree that termites and beehives (discrete units that threaten the player) make their home in and defend, rather than an intelligent, directed foe that hates you and wants to destroy you.
Agreed; I'd vote strongly in favour of a symbiosis of creeper and digitalis, though (more so given the fact that they spawn from the same "womb", so to speak). Looking at nature, non-sentient organisms (particularly in large numbers - cf. Great Barrier Reef) can create marvellous structures.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Mr.H

Ok so the ideas we have :
1. Space Elevator
2. Digitalis Cannon
3. Digitalis industrilisation
4. Anti-Creeper Beetle
5. Emergency Emitter Overload Retaliation Protocol

Which should I add to the OP?
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Chawe800

I can totally deal with more fluid natural Digitalis Weapons.

I just really really feel an Aggressive Digitalis weapon of some sort would round out Creeper World more.

As for Digitalis being more defensive I would also like some sort of defensive Digitalis tool

Also 4xC

Quoterather than an intelligent, directed foe that hates you and wants to destroy you.

The nexus is an intelligent being directed for that tries to undo all humanity :P

(Your argument is invalid :P)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

lurkily

Quote from: Chawe800 on October 30, 2012, 05:13:53 PM
Quoterather than an intelligent, directed foe that hates you and wants to destroy you.
The nexus is an intelligent being directed for that tries to undo all humanity :P
(Your argument is invalid :P)
That was my quote, actually.  I was under the impression the Loki/nexus thing, was weaponizing the creeper, like the Styglek.  The creeper itself being a natural force/event that was being directed and used, rather than being a weapon itself.

I need to go replay CW1.  The nature of basic plot elements is a bit hazy, and there isn't a synopsis out there that I can find.

4xC

I forward the plant-and-animal-like motion for what digitalis and creeper should be. I always thought it was like that since I first knew of the CW1 spores which is a natural name, not an industrialized name. What we really need is a list of key elements of CW1, new ones in 2, and use them to decide how to further the promotion of digitalis. I definitely do not look forward to the unnatural industry-like idea of digitalis weaponization. We must stick with plant and animal routines. Heck, maybe the digitalis cound have some kind of visible (or invisible) underground routine.

And Mr.H: I personally see 1 and 4 being added, but the rest, not so much. 5 is one that sounds like a bunch of unnecessary repeats of the same assault for each level. 2 sounds like a variation of 3.

To all who have the time: I suggest that for the list idea I had, we keep a recorded copy of the game scripts to help out, because some of them are unaccessable unless certain parts of each level are beat and sometimes not until the whole level is beat. This would help save time too.
C,C,C,C

Mr.H

Grauniad is it ok for us to suggest digitalis features now? I recall you said it was pointless before.

I'll add 1 and 4, we can discuss the others depending on Grauniad's response.
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

4xC

Not to answer for Grauniad, but I must say if it was not okay to talk about it before, I don't see why it would not be now. I told him I doubted the community would keep quiet about digitalis. As it is an new concept, I expected a lot of talkative unrest in most of the other posters. I still think we need more emphasis on the expansions of itans and AC activity, but putting it on digitalis more than anything else right now is something I highly predict is going to go from here on.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

Quote from: Mr.H on October 31, 2012, 11:41:15 AM
Grauniad is it ok for us to suggest digitalis features now? I recall you said it was pointless before.

You may suggest away at your own pleasure. Note what I said earlier:

Quote from: Grauniad on October 22, 2012, 06:06:13 PM
Digitalis is still in the experimental phase. It would be pointless to discuss much of it at this point in time.

At no time did I suggest you withhold suggestions. My observation was specific to the mechanics of Digitalis as implemented at that time (and up to now). Not even Beta members have access to the Digitalis with a current rule set implemented.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

In that case, am I right in guessing that it will be extremely unlikely that CW3 will be released before the start of 2013? As long as the final product has all the tools to make it an interesting installment, the release can wait until 2013 for all I care.
C,C,C,C

Chawe800

To 4xC:

Do you forget CW2? Drones are very mechincal enemy beings. I always found gateways to be suspicous unnatural portals.
The creeper corrupted the Styglek not the other way around. As far as we know there are still millions of Styglek the Creeper has position over.

In CW2 Virgil played with the mechanical industrial side of the Creeper. I don't know what direction he wants to go in CW3 but I found it incredibly rude to abruptly shoot down all my ideas  :-[. You may not like them but that doesn't mean Virgil might find it an interesting concept. At least give him the ability to view it and judge it for himself.

I can agree with the removal of 5 from the list.
But I'd like to replace it with the potenial of Cinematics and Climatic Actions before, during, and after the mission.

lurkily

I can't forbid anybody from pushing industrialized D ideas - I didn't mean to shoot people down.  I just feel like your enemies have acted more like a rising tide or like red ants boiling out of an anthill in response to the presence of black ants. 

Enemy behavior outside of fields has always been very organic to me - even with drones and spores/phantoms, which pick their targets semi-randomly, rather than by intelligent criteria.

Sorry if it felt like I was trying to forbid further idea churn - idea churn is what the thread is for, right?