What do you want to do in CW3?

Started by CobraKill, August 17, 2012, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Quote from: 4xC on September 13, 2012, 07:23:53 AM
Quote from: J on September 13, 2012, 01:54:56 AM
@4xC You can edit your posts using the modify button so you don't have to double post
I know my posts don't HAVE to be doubled up, but most of the others look rather short and concise and I would not want to disrespect that trend.

Besides, I understand titles of posters are determined by the number of posts they submit.
If you want to post a large article just do it, cutting it in pieces is harder to read than in one post. You can even put a line between 2 parts of your post using:[hr]

The starter titles are determined by the amount of posts, once you move up in any other way (mapmod, beta) you will automatically get 5 stars.

4xC

All tips reagrding posting will be taken into account in the future.

And Nemocrius, since your info did not show any signs of negative emotions being expressed, I found that worth learning from as well as everything else.

Anyways, the large maps make a good addition to the series. I always found the custom maps creative in certain ways, and now that the maps will be larger and not limited to neither CW1's size or CW2's single width, I expect there will be more buzz on custom maps when the game is released.
C,C,C,C

Chawe800

Personally I want to create a large map where you aren't allowed to construct reactors. That would really limit there energy and force them to go more old school and crawl forward a little to gain more power. (Just seems virgil likes to mass reactors and goes swimming in energy)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

4xC

Quote from: Chawe800 on September 27, 2012, 08:17:41 PM
Personally I want to create a large map where you aren't allowed to construct reactors. That would really limit there energy and force them to go more old school and crawl forward a little to gain more power. (Just seems virgil likes to mass reactors and goes swimming in energy)

Well, that's just a certain way to play the game and rightfully win. If you can take advantage of something in war, do it.
C,C,C,C

ashtoin

make a HUGE world with many hardships and very divided up
start spamming guppys to connect the isles
DESTROY MWASELF IN AWSOMENESS

lurkily

I want to make a map where collectors and relays are forbidden . . . . . . your only mode of energy transport will be guppies.

Some pre-constructed relay networks will see that you aren't left COMPLETELY high and dry.

MadMag

I want to make a map where only mth does get a score, by calculating his every move second by second for over several days.  ;D

4xC

I think some other things I would like to do in CW3 is manage a base that maximizes the production of AC and energy, control a base spread over multiple islands that are covered in collectors and reactors, have a few islands covered with offensive air unit pads and berthas, interlock all islands with guppies of every kind, and terraform the supreme island where the Command Node(s) Reside to make it look like a fortress and add some left and right-hand man fortresses for other Command Nodes should I utilize them.

Each island would be devoted to housing each weapons group or background I think such as 1 with all strafers and bombers, 1 smallish island with all berthas, 1 with all ore despsits, and the rest with either all other weapons and definitly collectors and reactors. Heck I would probably call the islands "pillars" in the event I terraform all islands to level 10. As you can see from this info, I favor building superforts and like to utilize everything I can.  8)
C,C,C,C