Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: tornado on August 30, 2012, 02:13:07 AM
my previous idea of 2 sided creeper is posible
if creeper is + and anti creeper is- then could you have my creper as *.
imean it makes sencse right

no... creeper is on the positive side, anticreeper is on the negative side.

It doesn't have just different 'signs'...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lurkily

Quote from: tornado on August 30, 2012, 02:13:07 AM
my previous idea of 2 sided creeper is posible
if creeper is + and anti creeper is- then could you have my creper as *.
imean it makes sencse right
The reason + and - is relevant is because the AC and creeper are the same thing in the code.  AC is just a negative value of creeper.  There isn't a third value in negative and positive.

The reason this is doable, but difficult, is because it requires each kind of creeper to be initiated as a separate value, rather than positive and negative of a single value.

Think of it this way.  When the glass is half full, it's creeper.  When it's half empty, it's AC.  In order to have a third type, you need to put it in three cups and recode how they interact.

tornado

ther is a third value in the positive and negative values,the point in the mile
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

thepenguin

Quote from: tornado on August 30, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
ther is a third value in the positive and negative values,the point in the mile
zero, seriously?  unless you want to go into imaginary numbers...
We have become the creeper...

hoodwink

I think going into i values is going too far. We should stick with creeper and anticreeper for now.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

lurkily

To elaborate, c and ac need a meaningful value to function.  Right now it's anywhere from 1 (or -1) to 2 billion. (Or -2billion.) Zero can't be used as a basis for a creeper type because it would be produced everywhere c and ac touch, and a number that can only ever be a single value is meaningless in this context.

Edit: not to mention the entire map that didn't have c or ac on it would be totally flooded with it.

tornado

don't explain,
i no about i.
and no just zero.

it makes perfect sense,
to someone with aspergers syndrome.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.

tornado

oh yeah and my mum threw in the idea of getting bits of weapons and having tho assemble them

TrickyDragon

that could be interesting for the titan class only.... because they are so big....
This is Life,  Life happens.

allu

New feature suggestion: Growing emitters.

Simply it means that you could set 2 new values for emitters in editor. These 2 would be:
 1)Increase in strength.  It would simply determine how much emitters strength would increase.
 2)Interval between strenght increases. It would determine how often emitters strenght would increase.

Almost same can be done with multiple emitters, but for example emitter thats strength would slowly increase trought entire game would take 100 emitters needed( or more). I think it would make things easier and possibly open new things to be done aswell. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this.

hoodwink

Quote from: allu on September 01, 2012, 01:35:10 PM
New feature suggestion: Growing emitters.

Simply it means that you could set 2 new values for emitters in editor. These 2 would be:
 1)Increase in strength.  It would simply determine how much emitters strength would increase.
 2)Interval between strenght increases. It would determine how often emitters strenght would increase.

Almost same can be done with multiple emitters, but for example emitter thats strength would slowly increase trought entire game would take 100 emitters needed( or more). I think it would make things easier and possibly open new things to be done aswell. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this.

Does this therefore mean that an emitter could be made to decrease in strength over time? As to start off incredibly powerful and pretty much stop when the player gets to it...
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

allu

Could be done. Btw it seems this was suggested already.

cooltv27

tornado
there is a 3rd creeper type
its value is 0
its every where there is not c or ac
it cant hurt c or ac
its NOTHING!
it made no sense to me how there could be a creeper with a value of 0, it just wouldnt work
I assume there is a hard/complex way to manage it (creeper = a, ac = b, new one = c ect) but I know next to nothing about coding
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

lurkily

Quote from: cooltv27 on September 01, 2012, 02:30:00 PM
tornado
there is a 3rd creeper type
its value is 0
its every where there is not c or ac
it cant hurt c or ac
its NOTHING!
it made no sense to me how there could be a creeper with a value of 0, it just wouldnt work
I assume there is a hard/complex way to manage it (creeper = a, ac = b, new one = c ect) but I know next to nothing about coding
I think we've already closed this discussion, including many of the same points, but thank you for your eloquent summary.

teknotiss

having the ability to increase the number of available weapons through tech pickups would be cool.
so if you only get "x" blasters to start you could have "parts" for "y" more set as values in the tech items.
also forward energy stores would be cool, so you can set up situation where the player can leave a defence running for a while, whilst the LS runs away to set up elsewhere. also would be good for large maps where events breakup power flows
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus