Creeper World 3 Suggestions Initiative

Started by Mr.H, May 04, 2012, 12:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2b3o4o

Quote from: Ebon Heart on June 26, 2012, 02:13:16 PM
This is just an idea, obviously. But what about meteors(either timed or conditional) that could destroy units and creeper/anti creeper in an area, as well as affect the terrain level and maybe even drop off new emitters. This would be perfect to change the layout of a level mid mission, leaving you to quickly have to adapt to new circumstances, or pay the price.
I would absolutely love this, especially because of the fact that they can change terrain layouts! I can imagine making a really complex map that constantly changes it's layout, that would be so awesome...

lurkily

This brings up another thought.  Scripted changes to the landscape, which operate according to certain rules instead of just setting exact values to set landscape to.  For instance, rather than setting exact heights, trying to cause transformations to existing landscape, so that your terraforming isn't overwritten, but may be very damaged.  If you open a rift in a map this way, your terraformed walls may be reduced to a lump of semi-random terrain at the bottom.

tornado

i was thinking maby the bakround music could be picked from a list.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Ginger88895

Intelligent Creeper
This kind of creeper knows what to do with current terrains and current structures. It can roughly predict where are you goin' to construct and where you're tryin' to attack. It can also identify produce parts and millitary parts(not precisely, but roughly), to create some fields to guide itself 'on the fly', make the battle more harder.(May also works for spore attacks.)

Lioncourt

I could have swore I made a post here.  Anyways, like I mentioned before, what about a building that will cap a creeper emitter and cause it to emit anti-creeper instead?  Kind of like how they cap an oil rig, but the cap converts the creeper to anti-creeper.
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

Karsten75

Quote from: Lioncourt on July 07, 2012, 03:30:37 PM
I could have swore I made a post here.  Anyways, like I mentioned before, what about a building that will cap a creeper emitter and cause it to emit anti-creeper instead?  Kind of like how they cap an oil rig, but the cap converts the creeper to anti-creeper.

;D

Ginger88895

Yeah, just like a conversion bomb in CW2 turned the nexus into an anti-creeper emitting suiciding machine.

SmileyCoder

In CW-1 you could order the drones to drop bombs at some location. Any chance we could be able to program the drones to follow a flight path, and drop bombs during that flight path?

Will the evil creeper have SAM-Sites to shoot down our drones?
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Michionlion

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 07, 2012, 07:32:17 PM
Quote from: Lioncourt on July 07, 2012, 03:30:37 PM

;D

Does he know how close he is?  :D
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Lioncourt

No he doesn't, but was that why my first post disappeared perchance?

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

SmileyCoder

By wasting a few seconds of my life, and looking at your history, I can inform you that your earlier post didn't disappear in some grand conspiracy, but can be found here:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=10228.msg71875#msg71875
TheSmileyCoder

Lioncourt

SmileyCoder

Would be nice if you could make the quick load keyboard shortcut work directly from the main menu. I know its simply a minor thing, but I am guessing it is also quite minor on the scale of implementation difficulty
TheSmileyCoder

Mr.H

Sorry for being inactive guys D: , I was unexpectedly sent back to the Netherlands without internet(still here though) but now I have internet :D ! I have to share the computer with 5 pips though so it'll take a while to update the OP with all your suggestions.

From what i've seen of the blog, CW3 is looking epic ; let's hope these suggestions make it even more epic.

What about making some sort of scary map type, with darkness(night maybe) and you can't see the map until you explore it(and if there is no units or buildings there you can't see any updates to the terrain) couple that with scary music and creeper jumping up behind you and you're sure to get the hibba-jibas
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!